1 (4%)
Ninth (Eccleston)
1 (4%)
Tenth (Tennant)
11 (44%)
Eleventh (Smith)
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 1352 times)

Offline tibaltfox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • TOFUMONKK
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Doctor Who
« on: June 27, 2010, 02:11:00 am »
[ My apologies if this belongs in the Art section instead -- I wasn't sure ]

Any Doctor Who fans in the audience? And if so, who was your favourite Doctor?

For me, David Tennant probably takes the cake. Although both of the Bakers (Tom and Colin) were amazing and eccentric, there's something about Tennant's quirky intensity that I just love. He can become really animated and into it, or detached and angry -- you can really tell when he's pissed. Plus, he has the tilty eyebrow :P. His performances just always felt very invested and intense, and, as a character, I thought his combination of conflicts and traits was wonderfully balanced. There's something about his brightness and curious intensity that contrasts wonderfully with the conflicted history beneath (something present in many, if not all of the Doctors, but in my opinion particularly well brought out in Tennant).

Also, as a season (or rather, set of seasons) in general, Tennant's tenor was great. I really feel like the show had some of its best (or at least, many of my favourite) episodes under his reign, probably largely thanks to the presence of Russel Davies. And the recurring plotline that echoed throughout was really well put together, in my opinion. It helped string all of the episodes along in a way that made them feel like they were leading up to some grander conclusion, rather than a series of aimless hijinks.

*ahem*
So yes, I'm a nerd :P
But aren't we all?
Trust me. I'm a homosexual a bag of cheese a cult leader satan made of DIAMONDS a doctor a furry.

Behance! (Design and photography stuffs)
This FurAffinity account I never use! (which is generally horribly out of date, ahem)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 02:21:18 am »
This thread is so win.

Favorite Doctors, in general order:

Colin and Tom Baker (Came as a tie. Kind of emotionless, but a generally well-thoughtout character.)
David Tennant (I mean really. Who doesn't love watching him, no matter what he does, not just Doctor Who.)
Matt Smith (The guy is just crazy. As it should be. I especially love his "food orientation" deal.)
Christopher Eccleston (This guy was the guy I grew up with. His character was so imformative, and full of emotion and you could just feel it. You can really feel what he feels, and what he doesn't. I love his acting.)
~~~
And at the bottom of the list we have the first two Doctors. (The plot was just generally kinda hard to follow in those episodes, I think that if it were clearer, I'd like them more, but as it stands, they're at the bottom of the list.)

And that's that. I'll gladly make one for his "assistants" too!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 02:31:17 am »
I just started watching this yesterday, but I'm a cheater and I'm starting with season five, then going to season one. Don't ask why, I can't explain my reasoning xD
BUT SO FAR I enjoy the Eleventh doctor. He's quite silly. And he's oddly attractive.
D:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:22:26 am »
1. Tom Baker
2. David Tennant
3. Colin Baker
4. Smith
5. Eccleston
6. Troughton
7. Davison
8. Hartner
9. McGann
10. Pertwee
11. McCoy

I haven't really seen much of the bottom 3, so I don't think I can give fair judgement on them.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 06:30:31 am »
Well, I have only seen Eccleston, Tennant, Matt Smith, and Tom Baker. I have to go with Tennant, he is quite fun and freee spirited, but can change with a heart beat (or 2) , to serious, and Brilliant.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:39:07 am »
I just started watching it like, last week, so I can't really give an opinion on my favorite doctor. I'm gonna watch older seasons, and then I'll cast a vote.

I've only seen the episodes on the Weeping Angels, because my friend recommended them, and I definitely enjoyed them!

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:24:44 pm »
I have only seen a few of the old episodes of doctor who (ones before I was born) but I have been there, without fail, watching doctor who since it was rebooted in 2005. It is one of my favourite programmes on television! And I have never missed an episode. BUT IT HAS FINISHED ALREADY D= (yesterday, actually)

I would have to say my favourite doctor is David Tennant and then Matt Smith. Christopher Eccleston was alright but he seemed a bit evil xD.

Offline Rocko Ziggs

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Rocker-Coon
    • FurAffinity - RockoWolfcoon
    • Twitter - almightyrocko
  • Fursona Species: Wolfcoon
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
I love doctor who and have been watching it quite a while, my favourite doctor is Tom Baker. I think his role of the 4th doctor really stood out in my point of view. And dat crazy scarf always brighted up my day, plus some of the best companions to come into the dr who franchise. Sarah jane smith omg what a character.

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:36:10 pm »
I have only seen a few of the old episodes of doctor who (ones before I was born) but I have been there, without fail, watching doctor who since it was rebooted in 2005. It is one of my favourite programmes on television! And I have never missed an episode. BUT IT HAS FINISHED ALREADY D= (yesterday, actually)

I would have to say my favourite doctor is David Tennant and then Matt Smith. Christopher Eccleston was alright but he seemed a bit evil xD.
Mik, I heard there was a 6th season....
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 03:35:58 pm »

Mik, I heard there was a 6th season....

Yeah they are making a next season (Matt Smith said they were on Doctor Who confidential)

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 04:39:07 pm »
Yeah, I just saw the end of Series 5. Brilliant! BTW, since this thread is titled Doctor who, could we discuss it here too? It would make sense.
Also, any news on when the 5th soundtrack comes out? I loved the music from the 5th series.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 04:41:28 pm by Haddock Wolf »

Offline Sparky15756

• Back from the dead!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • I have returned. o.o
    • FurAffinity - tglucariosparkylucario
    • The Furry Sanctuary
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:29:02 pm »
I really enjoyed Tennant as The Doctor and it was such a shame he wanted to go.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 11:34:10 pm »
Yes, when it came time for Tennant to go, I really liked the big dramatic show they made of it. Some say it was overkill, but I think it was just full of emotion and it totally besuited the occasion.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline willnye

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Ich habe ein √úberbeladung
  • Fursona Species: snowshoe hare
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 12:07:10 am »
While I agree that Tennant was amazing playing the Doctor, I feel that in neither the runs of him or Eccleson did it feel like I was watching Doctor Who.
Moffat turned the Doctor into a total pacifist, which though I can understand why I think removed allot of his character, I mean look at Pertwee, every other scene he was throwin down with some one, heck the first doctor stabbed someone to death in a sword fight.  This isn't even counting the MILLIONS of stupid plot holes he created...... and I hated that the actress who played Martha Jones had appeared in a previous episode PLAYING A DIFFERENT CHARACTER, and the lame write off of the being cousins.....

Now I also do have to say that out of all 11 Eccleson has to be the worst , I mean he is a bald Scottish meat head. He's an American action star NOT the doctor. And Tennant was right on the line... but it's not their fault as actors it's Moffats and I'm eternally grateful they replaced him.

Smith has to be one of my favorites though, purely cause he's bringing the show back to its roots. He's a goofy nerd, but a goofy nerd who will challenge the enemy to a fight, who won't shoot them and he'll give them a chance but in the end he will FIGHT them.

so yep I <3 Matt Smith

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 06:24:02 am »
[SPOILERS]
My favorite part of the series 5 ending was when river song made the Dalek beg for mercy. it was pretty epic.
And Fezzes are cool!
[/SPOILERS]
And I can't wait for series 6.

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:54 pm »
[SPOILERS]
My favorite part of the series 5 ending was when river song made the Dalek beg for mercy. it was pretty epic.
And Fezzes are cool!
[/SPOILERS]

haha that part was win <3

My favorite part was Eleven's dancing. SO SEXY.
<3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline GMoney

• Im me. Are you you?
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Im me, are you you
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:55 am »
David Tennant was the best. Hands down. He was epic and hot and it sucked when he regenerated into Matt Smith or whoever this new guy is. I dont like the new guy at all
The names Bond, John Bond XD

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:40 pm »
Oh, just a heads up, series 6 is scheduled for December. And does anyone know when Torchwood season 4 is coming?

Offline GMoney

• Im me. Are you you?
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Im me, are you you
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 12:36:32 pm »
Oh, just a heads up, series 6 is scheduled for December. And does anyone know when Torchwood season 4 is coming?
I never did like Torchwood after season 1.
The names Bond, John Bond XD

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »
I really liked it after season 1... and The children of earth was amazing. It's not supposed to be happy and funny like Doctor who, its very much more serious.