Author Topic: Mic Macs  (Read 376 times)

Offline Ruslan

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 36
Mic Macs
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »
Was desperate to see this French film, and had to drag myself into Berkeley to find a theater showing it in my area.  None the less it was well worth it.

Mic Macs, centers around a man named Basil, he has always had terrible luck, it seems, with weaponry.  As a boy his father was killed by a land mine, when the box of his fathers possessions returns home, Basil recovers a scrap that appears to show the company that manufactures the mines.  Fast forward, Basil is in his thirties, watching television in the video shop he works at.  A drive by gun battle sees a man shot a block away, his gun falls to the ground firing a single bullet when it hits the pavement.  The shot, by sheer chance, travels down the street through the parking lot and directly into Basil's forehead.  His second bit of misfortune leaves him bleeding out on the shop floor.

Basil survives the ordeal and lives with a bullet in his brain that could kill him should it shift to much, as a result he occasionally has small ticking fits.  He also loses his job and ends up living in a dump with an unlikely family of inventors, artists, engineers and general odd balls.  They are the Mic Macs. 

Basil eventually discovers the manufacturer of the bullet that nearly took his life, and learns that it is across the street from the munitions producer that took his fathers life.  To get mischievous revenge for his father and his own misfortune, Basil enlists the Mic Macs on a series of hilarious missions.

This film was probably one of the best movies I have seen in a long while.  It is whimsical and heartwarming, with underlying messages from economic oligarchy to acceptance of people regardless of differences.  My favorite scene involves a German Shepard in an airport, along with a contortionist an arms dealer and a very large piece of meat.  Overall a solid 9/10

Go see it!       

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
Re: Mic Macs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:18:37 am »
It sounds great, but I highly doubt the possibility of me watching it anytime soon...  Limited release movies are virtually non-existent here.  I'll be sure to get it on DVD, then I'll see what I think about it.
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually