Author Topic: Predators movie  (Read 532 times)

Offline Bloudin

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Is awesome.
    • FurAffinity - Whatisdamatter
  • Fursona Species: Blue Wolf
Predators movie
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:48:22 pm »
The movie is a separate, somewhat random branch off of "Alien Vs. Predator". The movie starts absolutely randomly, you have no idea what is going on. Basically, a group of seemingly random military personnel from different countries globally are stranded in this forest. They almost kill each other to start with, but then realize they are on another planet. It's a classic role of "Hunter becomes hunted". The storyline was somewhat dull, with only one really blazing firefight, which is unusual. Nothing in the storyline came as a surprise for me it was so predictable, until the VERY END. That was the only twist I did not see coming. Everything else was just absolutely predictable. Even though it wasn't the best movie by a long shot in my watch list, I do recommend seeing it when you have money and time to spare. Try and go with friends, it makes it a lot better =)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:25:29 am by AKlover »
FCW4a~s A C- D++ H+++ M- P++ R+ T+++(+) W ~Z- SmS+ RLM* a- c+ n e- f/f- h* i+ j+/j++ p sms
Why fight when you can love?
Come and talk to me on FA!! =D The more friends the better!!

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
Re: Predators movie
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:27:05 am »
I really enjoyed it, but that's just because I'm a huge fan of the Predator franchise.

I'd disagree it was a branch off of AVP though, considering they directly referenced the first Predator movie.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Bloudin

• Red Level
  • Is awesome.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:22:35 am »
I really enjoyed it, but that's just because I'm a huge fan of the Predator franchise.

I'd disagree it was a branch off of AVP though, considering they directly referenced the first Predator movie.

Well, I just thought that because AVP was the only movie that I had seen with these aliens in it... I guess just like the Aliens series, there's a movie names Predator (singular)? And again, I think it's good in terms of actors and everything it's just that the plotline was a little slow-paced...
FCW4a~s A C- D++ H+++ M- P++ R+ T+++(+) W ~Z- SmS+ RLM* a- c+ n e- f/f- h* i+ j+/j++ p sms

Online SPOOKCIFUR ☠

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 102
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:31:53 pm »
Hmm, well like Ak I thoroughly enjoyed it, but, likewise I'm a fan of the Predator franchise. They referenced AvP too if I remember right. I thought it had a pretty good pace and went fairly quick, characters developed nicely and it was rather satisfying to see the classic de-spining of the dude. <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:36:06 pm »
I haven't exactly seen it yet and I thought this was going to be a critical failure. But the positive reviews have really surprised me. I'm definitly going to see it as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:38:58 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Bloudin

• Red Level
  • Is awesome.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 05:37:18 pm »
Hmm, well like Ak I thoroughly enjoyed it, but, likewise I'm a fan of the Predator franchise. They referenced AvP too if I remember right. I thought it had a pretty good pace and went fairly quick, characters developed nicely and it was rather satisfying to see the classic de-spining of the dude. <3

It's one of those like it/hate it movies  for me :D I liked it, because it just seemed a bit different, it was a remotely unique idea, and there were occasional spins in the plot. The only one that really mattered though was the end spin... But one thing that got me feeling that it was fast paced was that generally there are certain things that happen that give the characters insight on what their situation is. In the first half an hour, without ever seeing the Predators, they knew about 75% of the information they knew in the movie. It just seemed... A little artificially placed. For me, at least.