Author Topic: Inception  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Elias Quietpaw

• Call me Broski
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • Just little old me...
    • FurAffinity - 3li4squi3tp4w
  • Fursona Species: Dire Wolf
Inception
« on: July 17, 2010, 04:28:52 am »
I just saw Inception tonight and it was awesome. Great original story and amazing action sequences and special effects. This movie even has a few little comedy scenes. The movie will REQUIRE you to pay attention or else you're likely not to understand what's going on. An emotional backstory completes this mind-bending film.
Christopher Nolan gets a 5/5 for this one. If you guys have seen it I'd like to hear your opinion. =3

Schism: I didn't really want to say too much about the plot because I don't want to give anything away and I think people should see it for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:38:03 pm by Elias Quietpaw »
I have returned...

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
Re: Inception
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:54:10 pm »
Could you give a bit more plot detail and other things you liked about it? You need a bit more content for this review :3

I'm planning on going to see it tonight, because I heard it was one of the best films in a while.

Offline Renegade-Sandwich

• WHENS MAHVEL?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Dedotated Wam
    • FurAffinity - Renegade-Sandwich
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon العنقاء
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 03:57:38 pm »
im in DC right now but i cant wait to see this movie when i get back

Offline Zeux

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolger (Wolf/Tiger Hybrid)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:53 pm »
I was planning to see Inception on opening day, but something came up. All of the movie critics are giving it pretty good reviews, so now I can't wait to see it.
"Any tree can drop an apple, but I'll drop the freaking moon."

Offline Scix

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »
i saw this with a bunch of my friends last night. i hated the ending, but it made the movie awesome.
one of my friends went onto the roof of the movie theater because he was so angry at it.
definitley need to see it twice, or maybe 7 times to understand it totally.
Yellow level, yay!
Gamertag: Telesyntetikas
Second Life: Scix Azov
Steam: sk501

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:07:51 am »
Just got back from the theater! My unprofessional opinion of this movie:

THAT was bleepidybleepingbleep AMAZING.

And now to get into detail:

I absolutely loved it. The movie had to have been planned out well in advence extremely well. The storyline, and all the various sub-storylines all coincide together to create a world all of its own, with what may or may not be a base world to hold it all together. The timing, as well, is just perfect! If you miss 10 seconds of this movie, you will almost certainly be totally lost. It demands you to think about everything at once, and all the individual details at the same time. All in all, I give this film a 10/10 (The highest rating I've ever given anything) for exceptional story planning, filming, and execution. This is a brilliant work of Nolan's, and I salute him!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:47:12 am »
I'll be going to see this in a few days. I'm kind of excited to see it because of all the praise this movie has been getting from critics.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »
This was by far the best movie I've seen in the past five years. Everything about it was perfect. I had so many "Ah-ha!" moments, it was just great!

And the ending was perfect! Everyone was on the edge of their seat, and when the screen went black, EVERYONE let out this huge "UGH!". 5/5

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 04:23:23 am »
Incredibly interesting.  I just watched it tonight.  You'll have to pay VERY close attention to everything happening in the story.  I cannot stress that enough.  I follow movies pretty well, but this one almost lost me.  I recommend this movie to anyone who wants a break from the conventional lack of intriguing and predictable movies this summer.  Don't expect the movie to have a definite ending though as many aspects of Inception is open to interpretation.

Quick summary (No Spoilers):  Dom Cobb, a man who specializes in entering peoples minds and dreams to steal information, does one last job in order to see his family again.  This time, his goal is to plant an idea to convince Robert Fischer, the son of an oil tycoon, to split up his company.  Dom assembles a team to pull off a highly dangerous and risky mission to plant an idea into his mind.  What his team doesn't know is that he (Cobb) has terrible secrets and memories that could jeopardize the entire mission.
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually

Offline Renegade-Sandwich

• WHENS MAHVEL?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Dedotated Wam
    • FurAffinity - Renegade-Sandwich
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon العنقاء
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 12:42:56 am »
I just saw it today and i loved it. It was one of the best movies ive seen in a while. The acting, the story, and the ending were fantastic.

that is all.

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:31:25 pm »
This was the best movie I've ever seen. I don't know how to describe it, but it was indeed a Mind Trip. I think I am going to be paying more attention to my dreams because of this movie.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 10:57:39 pm »
Dude, I saw it the other night, and I was just like 'wow'.
I cannot even realy describe the movie except for the fact that it was awesome, and really captivates you.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 11:57:13 pm »
Hahahaha, I fell in so much love with this movie. I've even changed my alarm to the song they played when they got "kicked".
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:45 am »
A little bump, because I just thought of something that could be quite meaningful to some.

Watching a movie is designed to be an immersing experience. If anyone knows this, it's Nolan. I think his general message was that if we spend our lives living other lives and experiencing other's dreams (movies, books, art, games, etc.) then we aren't really in reality. It's when we create our own dream world and accomplish what we want to do when we are really living. And perhaps (and this is my own little tack-on) when we die in this life, it will be as if we are waking up from an incredibly immersing dream. What happens from then on depends on whether we spent the dream living others', or if we made our own future.

TL;DR
Live your life, not someone else's.

(And if this isn't appropriate for this thread, sorry. Go ahead and move it, if need be.)
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:15:37 am »
I guess everyone has different views on the movie. I really enjoyed his work on the Prestige. I just wish he could make a movie with an ending but that is all I will say without saying much. It turns out that Criss (the director) wanted a minimal amount of effects in Inception and wanted to make a film more about the story. I got the plot fast but I guess I just watch too many movies.  :lol: However, watch it in IMAX. Might as well pay the extra money for the 3,000 square feet of video and the impressive 9.1 or 5.1 speaker system. Just bring extra for snacks. I brought a twenty and the ticket was $18.50. Even the water at the theater was $5. Oh well. So go see both of his movies.

Offline Whiskey

• Stop.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 21
  • Panda time.
    • FurAffinity - redwhiskey
    • Twitter - @WHISKEY_THO
  • Fursona Species: Ailurus fulgens
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:48:47 am »
Two words: Mind Explosion
-Biology Student, Researcher, Aspiring Medical Professional, Businessman in Training-

Offline Riku

• Friendly Neighborhood PSYCHOPATH.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Panther Nekojin
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:58 am »
i saw it in psychology class recently (teacvher had a bootleg copy, shh, dont tell!) and even though i missed, like, the first half of it, i was OMG rating OVER 9000!!!!. it was AMAZING. LITERALLY, it trumped Jurassic Park, my all time favorite for the past seventeen years. (i still have a VHS copy of it and a vcr hooked up solely for watching JP)

I WANT THIS MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT. SERIOUSLY. IT BLOWS EVERYTHING ELSE, IN ANY CATEGORY, REGARDLESS OF MOVIE, BOOK, GAME, FOOD, WHATEVER, OUT OF THE FREAKING WATER.

and this is one of the rare movies that i hope never has a sequel, or a game spawned of off it, as there is o way they could be able to continue a storyline from something so amazing, and still retain that extra something, nor is there any way the full effect of 'Inception's brilliance can be transferred to any game console.

in short, IT IS EFFING BRILLIANT.

NOT EVEN SIMON POWELL IS CAPABLE OF FINDING ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS MOVIE.

AND THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IMPOSSIBLE.

[ADMIT EDIT: Merged double post.]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:15:24 am by Spaz »
Self preservation? Whats that? And can I use it to kill the assholes messing with my friends?

"Humans are smart enough to being able to build things that can destroy the earth, and stupid enough to actually do it."

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 10:57:17 am »
Meh, it's alright...Had some great action scenes, decent action, stupid story.

I don't get why people are so worked up about it though...I mean, it's OK, but it's not exactly groundbreaking or anything. It's just The Matrix for the modern age....a decent enough film that gets wanked out of all proportion by fanbois.

(also Riku, it's COWELL, not Powell.)