Author Topic: Your very first memory.  (Read 5097 times)

Offline SeaDog20

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • I have no idea what's going on.
  • Fursona Species: Leopard Seal
Your very first memory.
« on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »
Whats your oldest memory? Try to think as far back as possible.

Mine is from my 1yr old birthday party.  It was a sunny May afternoon and i was sitting in my little red chair. Suddenly the wind picked up and my birthday ballon came loose from the chair.  My memory is seeing that baloon float away and then crying.

So... whats yours? :fox-:):
When we drink we get drunk. When we get drunk we fall asleep. When we fall asleep we commit no sin. When we commit no sin we go to heaven. So let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: Your very first memory.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:16:11 pm »
I was about 3 and I burnt my arm on a kerosene heater. I remember crying and my cat sitting right next to me.

Offline Renegade-Sandwich

• WHENS MAHVEL?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Dedotated Wam
    • FurAffinity - Renegade-Sandwich
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon العنقاء
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 02:22:48 pm »
It's gonna sound really weird but here you go: I cant remember my age but it was during my preschool year. I walked into my preschool went over to my friend and picked up a toy gorilla and thats all i remember of it for some reason.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 02:51:57 pm »
I have loads of early memories, mostly of how things felt. But the first one I really remember is me and my dad going into a kinda ramshackle store, and this woman in a bright red dress asked me how old I was, and I told her six.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 115
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:18:54 pm »
When I was four, I lived in that trailer that myself and so many people dear to my heart have ended up in at some point or another. I remember, in the hallway, my stepfather had my mother pinned against the wall... And, well... It's not a happy memory, and Ive got a few scars from that. Mom tells me that's not the first time he hit me that she knows for sure, it's just the first time I remember.

I've got to stop posting in these memory threads. Too many bad ones, but, that's alright: It gives me ground to stand on when you guys have troubles.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »
 Waking up in my crib when I was only a few months old, looking over and seeing my older brother sound asleep besides me, and falling right back to sleep.
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:11:13 pm »
My first memory...when I was one and a half, I remember sitting outside on my back deck, with my mom. My uncle and dad were trying to figure out how to build my swingset. That was a little while before we moved to New Jersey.

Offline Ruslan

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 36
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 05:54:57 pm »
Um, considering memory does not start properly until a child is three or four.  I was sitting in a garden with a small wooden wheel, rolling it about the grass.     

Offline Wolf_Byte

• Musical Devient
  • Cookies: 1
  • ??
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:30:14 pm »
When I was 4 or 5, I remember sliding down this one bank and a branch that was sticking out cut me across my gut. It wasn't serious, but I have that scar to this day on my gut.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »
Um, considering memory does not start properly until a child is three or four.  I was sitting in a garden with a small wooden wheel, rolling it about the grass.     

Well, it's not that memory doesn't work when a child is younger, it's just that the brain hasn't necessarily learned to file those memories logically yet.  They're still there, and very often resurface later in life.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:20 pm »
I have a couple vague memories of random events.  Like turning the corner on to my street in my dad's car (I remember it was silver, that's the only memory I have of that car); or my dad, mom, brother, and myself sitting around the dinner table.   Since my parents broke up when I was about 3, this was sometime before then (That's my first actual vivid memory, but I didn't wanna make this thread all depressing)
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 01:14:33 am »
I think I was 3 or 4, and I remember walking up my kitchen steps.

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 05:19:49 am »

Well, it's not that memory doesn't work when a child is younger, it's just that the brain hasn't necessarily learned to file those memories logically yet.  They're still there, and very often resurface later in life.

That has happened to me before. I have had dreams of memories from when I was a little kid, it was kind of like a flashback but when I was asleep o.o

I remember being in a little suit thing and standing infront of the porch door.

Offline Muishi

• STOP...
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • ...hammer time.
    • FurAffinity - ianthe
    • Twitter - ianthecc
  • Fursona Species: PANDAHH
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 11:59:39 am »
My first memory was pogonophobic. It was awful.
I was 5 and a half and my parents invited round two beardy men (you can tell where this is going). One of them I knew and felt very comfortable with. The other was big, broad and had an extremely big, bushy black beard-that had food in it. I got scared of the man and ran upstairs and hid under my bed; not bothering to say hello. He thought it was a "game" and thus proceeded to run after me, waving his beard around. It was only after he realised I was screaming in terror and NOT happiness, did he finally stop and get down to the gritty of my parents' divorce (yet another memory).
I can also remember my parents arguing all the time and throwing stuff at each other. My mother once go so peeved at my step-dad that she threw a whole load of dirty laudary over his head.

All my early memories tend to be bad ones, now I think about it :|
<3Lestat<3

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 11:57:58 pm »
hmm.. I usually dont remember much. I do remember breaking my arm when i was 5... Splitting my chin open at 4... Going down that hill full speed, then right into a wall, only to wake up in the hospital at about 10...  Whenever i need to pull out a random memory, it involves my broken bones or pain

Offline Greek

• Master Shitposter
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Where in the world am I?
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 12:11:40 am »
I can't remember my age, but I was pretty young. (Maybe 2 or 3) And it's the somewhat funny memory of my old neighbor's blind dog running into the front of a boat trailer.
I think I win in the category of most random first memory.
Up in the morning, outta the rack~
Great to dawn with an early attack~
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow~
I don't eat it anyhow~

Offline Aileron

• , she said.
  • Red Level
  • Hush.
  • Fursona Species: Sparkledog
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 01:01:08 am »
I was 4.
Tried to put glue on a seat like in a cartoon I had just watched.
I tipped the chair upside down so nobody would notice the glue there.
...I seemed to forget that glue drips when it's wet.
I had some 'splaining to do. Starting with why glue was set into the middle of the carpet.

Offline Chrys

• (future) Eccentric
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 9
    • DeviantArt - Ki-wolf
    • FurAffinity - four-leafclover
  • Fursona Species: Masked Palm Civet X Jungle Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 04:23:39 am »
I think I was around three, we were camping in the middle of nowhere and these goannas tried to steal our bacon. My mum locked me and herself in the car while my dad threw water at them, we all ended up in the car until they went away.

This is true for most people I've spoken to, wonder why?
Hopefully the above post made sense...

Artings!~http://www.furaffinity.net/user/four-leafclover/

Offline SeaDog20

• Red Level
  • I have no idea what's going on.
  • Fursona Species: Leopard Seal
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 04:43:04 am »
I think I was around three, we were camping in the middle of nowhere and these goannas tried to steal our bacon. My mum locked me and herself in the car while my dad threw water at them, we all ended up in the car until they went away.

This is true for most people I've spoken to, wonder why?

Yeah.  I know what you mean.  Alot of my memories from like 3-5 are bad.  I remember one time in particular that my mom and dad were having a really bad fight and my dad trew. . . somthing and it hit me on accident.  I ran into the kitchen and hid behind the fridge while i cried.  I think i fell asleep back there.
When we drink we get drunk. When we get drunk we fall asleep. When we fall asleep we commit no sin. When we commit no sin we go to heaven. So let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

Offline Saucy_Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 05:05:16 am »
I remember falling down the stairs and busting my head open when I was about 4. That really sucked, I got about 4 staples (yes, they were staples) in my head. Last time I had my head buzzed you could still see the scar. There was blood everywhere when it happened D:. Btw, this all happened because I thought I could be superman.