Author Topic: How'd you choose your fursona's name?  (Read 75337 times)

Offline ChrisElkin

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Feline
Re: How'd you choose your fursona's name?
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »
My name is not really a fursona name, but it US a pseudonym.  :blush-fox: I chose it based on what each name meant. It's a bit poetic, or perhaps cheesy, but I like it!

Offline Velox and Jet

• I'm pretty much the main Guardian of this site.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 44
  • Just want to RP :'(
  • Fursona Species: White Cheetah or Black Falcon, depending
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2014, 04:38:51 pm »
When I found SoFurry, I wanted in.  I thought about it and decided to have my name have something to do with fast things.  I had already decided to have my fursona a cheetah.  I translated 'Swiftness' into Latin to come up with Velox.  I used the cheetah design for his last name, Spottedfur.  When I found this site, I kinda wanted a second fursona, some one like my brother and I are.  I love flying and decided to have a black falcon since Velox is white.  I was drawing a blank for a name, so I just experimented.  I translated 'Jet Stream' into Latin, and found Jet Flumina.  Perfect for my Falcon Fursona.
  • Pronouns: He/Him and the like

Profile Picture colored by MysticSolstice.  Line art by Baronessa

Xbox 360 GT- TheGameChaser47

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2014, 05:01:56 pm »
I searched up the Greek words for fox and crow then smashed them into one. I'm so creative   :fox-:P:
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »
I already talked about Solstice in an old post but thought if explain my alt sona's names now

I named Skyline, Skyline because she has markings of the NYC skyline around her waist. And the first thing saw when going to NYC was the Skyline. I had a hard time coming up with Echo's name but when someone on Facebook suggested Echo it was perfect since she is blind and uses echo location to find her way around
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Chooooowwwdare

• Oooowwwoooww
  • Candies: 0
  • oooowwwoooww
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2014, 12:34:04 am »
I choose mine because its a real nickname of mine
Chooooowwwdare

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 15
  • Bro I'ma be a DJ M aster
  • Fursona Species: Shadow Wolf
« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:01 am »
I have no Idea where i pulled Daniel out of but I picked Kurama because of Kurama from Naruto and Daniel just seemed to fit so thats how I got Daniel Kurama
Be who you are and find the ones you truly love.
:alexxgay:

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »
I have already posted here with the story behind Faithull's name (with much bad spelling). But I have six fursonas and I have nothing better to do so here you go.

Faithfull: He is my first so I had little experience with names. When I was looking for his name I was dumbstruck. Then I remembered I card I once had that implied my RL name meant 'to be faithful', and it fit perfectly because my YouTube, and email where Faithfulswordsman, so I was already known as 'Faith'. And I wanted him to be a swordsman from the get go.

Ensō Masuku: As i was looking for my newest sona's name, I wanted something that would be a play on words. Being a Kitsune he has a human form who was a mask, so I tried 'playing mask' witch a friend said was Ensō Masuku...... it turns out the 'Masuku' part was right, but 'Ensō' was actually "the practise of drawing the circle" witch was a zen thing. Being a zen thing, I decided to keep it, I have always been fascinated with zen. http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/books/excerpts.php?id=18757

Frankiewebbs: This guy was created for the "FT Species change week 2014". It was my first time in the event, so I just used my old 'club penguin' account for my character. And he became my third sona to be created. Yup, his name came from a online kids game.

Watchful-Heron: My second fursona's name was made during a Native American flint knapping event, during the event there was a fake tribal ceremony to join the community, and I used the name a friend I made called me, 'Watcher' and combined it with the animal that I found sleeping outside my tent (got a few pecks for waking it), and so Watchful-Heron was born.

Dr.H: Well his name's history is fairly simple. I made a skunk, the skunk became a scientists, my initials are D.R.H. See?Simple.

Zylan: Yah I know, not vary creative... but neither are my other sonas name's. Basically my name pronounced by myself during an impressions, I did Arnold swartznegger. And so Zylan became the name of my deep voiced wolverine.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Kettz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 145
  • ech
    • DeviantArt - ViolentJade
    • FurAffinity - Kettz
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2014, 11:28:43 pm »
O god... Mines kinda a difficult story to tell... But... That doesn't mean I will try an explain  :lol-fox: . One day I randomly made up a new culture for my story. I even took the time to making a clothing style, government, etc. And I wanted it to be a Moon thing, and a Sun thing. So I made them separate tribes at war. While theirs a even bigger war going on, outside from the two tribes. There was a resistant group called "SolUna" . In which means Moon and Sun at peace. Lona's parents were from separate tribes and created SolUna. So, after that the cheifs found out Lona was born. They had a naming ceremony in the moon tribe over Lona's first name. In which this is where I got the idea of the name Lona => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lona_%28mythology%29 . I was trying to look for something that meant moon and I got "Lona" . I liked it! Lona then was sent to the sun tribe for her last name. It ended up Love. I haven't found a reason for that yet... but I thought it sounded good. Lona's middle name is SolUna. After the resistant group. The cheifs then banned sun and moon to mix. Then when Lona grew up she was kinda a loner, only to be held at SolUna... training, to become the new leader of both tribes.

Offline Drake Constantine

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • War, War never Changes...
    • Twitter - JoopyPoe
  • Fursona Species: Wolf-Husky
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2014, 05:59:10 am »
SPACESHIPS! Srsly.

Offline Doaxes

• The One and Only . . . because otherwise they wouldn't let me use the name.
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • ^^Aurora made my icon!^^
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »
I went through about 3 or 4 names, all just random words and/or letters thrown together because I couldn't think of anything else. And then one day I was like, "Hey, didn't I made a character in Skyrim way back when called Doaxes? That might work as a fursona name!" And so the Quest for the Missing Name was finished.

I completely forget where the name itself came from, though. I think I just threw together some syllables that sounded nice together, but I don't remember for sure. It's been a few years.
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/segment-of-brain
I MAKE THINGS

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 133
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »
Already posted here but whatevers.
Calyx was actually originally going to be called Hunter, after the Hunter attack helicopter from Grand Theft Auto (sad, I know.) But as I was finalising names, I just couldn't think of any good ones apart from Hunter, then Calyx came to mind as I was listening to some music by, you guessed it, Calyx. I liked both Calyx and Hunter and couldn't choose between them so that's when I put them together to create the full name of Calyx Hunter.
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:17 pm »
How have i not posted in this thread (and i did, how am i so blind to miss my post?)
Let me break it down for you

My 'sona's name is Ryan
My real name is quite similar to Ryan, some of you guys already know it, some creepy stalkers can go and find out what it is. I really dont care.
Because my real name is so similar to Ryan, people (usually teachers) tend to say my name slightly off, making it sound like a different name.
So i start paying attention to any similar names called to my actual name
Therefore, i associate a lot of commonly called names to my name.
Because of this, when i need to choose a go to name for sites that i need a fake name, i choose a common name that is similar to my real name (AKA, choosing "Ryan")
Because i already have so many accounts associated with Ryan, i just get used to being called as Ryan

So when coming up with a fursona name that is basically my identity, well... you should be able to connect the dots by now.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 173
  • Just a Whisper...
  • Fursona Species: Something
« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »
I believe I posted before, but more Fursonas so let's do it again! From the top now, from first to last -
Kage (no) Yoru: I'm such a creative person that I looked up the japanese translations for a clan name idea I had for an elite group in Halo: Reach. Shadows of Dawn was a pretty big clan then, and I got into the idea of a heretic group called Shadows of Night. So basically, Kage Yoru is Shadow Night. Technically in actual japanese it would be reversed because of their sentence structure but it sounded better this way, especially since I was using it as an English username. So yeah, Shadow Night, directly.

Aisu Umo: This is even worse in creativity terms, because the idea was stolen. A tabletop Roleplaying game I enjoy called Werewolf (which was my source for the creation of the tengu and Kitsune parts of my sonas) has an eastern expansion book, including a new shapeshifter, kitsune, and rules on the eastern counterparts of the others and some of their history. (Tengu is the eastern version of corax, not actually the main source idea for raven shapeshifter in werewolf) In the section on Tengu in comparison to Corax, they had a flavor story of a famous Tengu, Icefeathers. Creative as I am, I translated Ice and feathers (separately, together in one sentence as ice feathers they translate to kori no hane) to Aisu and Umo. Creative I know.

Toshirosu: I am a fan of Bleach. My favorite character is toshiro hitsugaya, captain of district 10. So, add a syllable, or two letters, turn him into a mute Siberian Catfolk, change his weaponry and tada! Toshirosu. I didn't even change his apparel or eye color, or anything. Hair color is more gray /silver then white, but yeah.

Vaznev: Stole it from a webcomic. Tiefling, the specific look, the name, though not the outfit. Or the personality or abilities, but the name and look are directly stolen.

Offline Kallen

• Novice Bard.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 21