Author Topic: F-Zero GX  (Read 471 times)

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
F-Zero GX
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:16:22 am »
Okay today I just bought this game and honestly after the hours I have put into it so far I am uber impressed on how much it has improved since I played the SNES version. So anyways here is the breakdown.

Gameplay: Story mode is fairly intresting and can be a challenge sometimes if you do the harder difficultys of that spefic mission. Then there is the Grand Prix mode where it is just plain select cup, difficulty, vehicle, customize it a bit then start racing. The game captures the feel of speed in races vary well and draws you in from the first 3 seconds of taking off from the starting line, and as you progress there are added boosters and your ship booster that adds more speed into the action making it even faster pace then before. Multiplayer with friends can espically prove to be alot of fun as long as your all around the same skill level because then most races would only end with split seconds between each other that adds even more fun to the game and can get everyone yelling at how close it was. Every mode you do throught out the game and complete you get "tickets" which you can use to then purchase items to build your own customized veichle to your liking or unlock some of the other racers to play with. So I give it a 9/10

Sound: Is fairly impressive and actually sounds fairly good with collisions and of course boosting. The soundtracks to certian theme races help add a bit more pace to the game with its fast beats which can helps build the adreline rush, since that is what the game is all about. But a couple sounds could have been improved a tiny bit more 8/10

Graphics: The graphics look sharp in high speeds but are alright when at a stand still. But sincethis is a racing game at high speeds so they don't matter when your traveling fast since the graphics blur together well and look fairly impressive. The side scenery is fairly decent but you won't spend much time staring at them while the race is in progress so it doesn't really matter in the long run so I give it a 8.5/10

So overall I give this game a 8.5 because the presentation and just pure fun of it can be once you get into it. But if high speeds doesn't excite or impress you then this game isn't for you. I only recommand it to the hardcore gamers that are looking for a good racer that is actually challenging at the hardest settings.