Author Topic: Donation Drive  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Donation Drive
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:20 am »
Greetings!  As you all know, Furry Teens is not a profit-generating site, it doesn't exist to make money, it exists solely for your benefit.  But, servers aren't free, and up until now, FT has been supported 100% by myself.  I've always accepted donations, but I'm not sure anyone really knew that we accepted them, or knew how to donate to the site.  So, here's some information on donations.

What do donations do for the site?
Donations to Furry Teens are funneled into three main areas.  Generally, any donated funds go toward wherever we feel the money is most needed, but you can specify which account you'd like to apply it toward.

-Hosting Fees.  Our current hosting provider is cheaper than the $35/month I pay for my main webserver (where FT used to live), but my personal budget is fairly tight, so every little bit truly does help.  Even $5 will buy us about a week of hosting.

-Domains.  At roughly $10/year per domain, these are pretty cheap, but we currently own five of them, with plans to acquire more in the future.  So, donating toward domain name fees is an option.  And if enough is donated, we can pay for them for years into the future and not have to worry about it anymore!

What do I get for donating?
Since we don't have ads to remove, and our site doesn't currently do much that would justify a paid subscription, we don't really have donator benefits right now.  This post will be updated if/when that changes.  However, we will give you a special badge for your profile if you like, and we'll have a page on the website listing everyone who's contributed.

We do have a few perks for high-level donors.  Users who donate greater than $50 or $100 get a special badge, a few staff-level perks like unlimited PMs, and Furry Teens hosting and email services.

How do I donate?
Paypal is probably the easiest.  Just go to http://hosting.lupinia.net/index.php?action=donate to get all the details, there's a Paypal button there.

We also accept electronic payments via Revolution Money Exchange, a lesser-known electronic service that many prefer over Paypal.  Contact me for the details on how to donate this way.

If you don't have access to electronic payment methods, we also accept checks and money orders sent in the mail.  Please don't send cash.  Contact me for details on how to donate this way.

And, if you have some other method of sending money, like Western Union, contact me to work out the details.

==============

Thanks for reading, and if you're able to contribute to FT's operating costs, we'll be very grateful for your contributions.  For over six years, I've supported FT's financial needs, and while I wouldn't dream of shutting the site down for financial reasons (or any reasons, for that matter), there are times when things are tight and it's a little harder to keep the site up.  So, if you can contribute, your fellow community members and I will appreciate your committment to keeping FT around for the young furries of the future :-)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:36:56 am by Natasha Softpaw »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
Re: Donation Drive
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:26 am »
Also, a quick note:  If you don't tell me who you are in your donation, I won't know who to credit with it.  So, unless you specify otherwise, donations without an FT username will be considered anonymous.

This message brought to you by a donation sent by someone whom I have no clue how to identify on the forums.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:56:14 am »
I (think I) donated.  It's not a lot, but It's one of the better ways I've spent my allowance, that's for sure.  (Before you ask, this is from my own bank account, not my parents or anything.)

Can you inform me if it goes though or not?  The funds are transferring from my bank account, so you should get the donation by the 8th.

Anyways, in the small time I've been here, I can say that FT has really grown on me and I would never imagine it shutting down.  I really appreciate this place, how it connects other teenage furs like me, the lack of ads, and all of the furs that help it run, so this is a little thanks from me.
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually

Offline Infinite The Explorer

• You may call me, ∞.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • The last thing you'll never see
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Chrono-Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:49:58 am »
50$ to a cause I find very worth while.  I'm not that active here, but the cause is good enough to take my interest.
  • Site Donor

Offline qwertyjake

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • im awesome at minecraft
  • Fursona Species: cat
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:05:11 am »
i donated  $1.60
  • Site Donor

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:44:09 pm »
I really wish I could donate, but I'm as broke as hobo. I love this site and wish I could support it. Maybe when (if) I get some money, I might be able to make a sizable donation.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Minimoose1441

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • *Insert snappy comeback here*
    • DeviantArt - minimoose1441
    • FurAffinity - Minimoose1441
    • SoFurry Account
  • Fursona Species: Red Wolf
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 01:59:31 am »
As I am coming up on my 1 year membership on FT and recently received my first pay check, I decided that I would chip in $15 for Furry Teens. Although less active in recent times due to time consuming activities, I am planing on becoming a more involved member shortly. I just sent the payment through but saw no option to leave a note with it so hopefully you see this post. Thanks Natasha and FT for (Nearly :P) 1 year of great times!
  • Site Donor

The best website ever.

Offline Toranar

• He who falls from walls
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 36
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
  • Fursona Species: Manx Loaghtan Sheep
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:16:50 pm »
Merry christmas! Have $20...
  • Site Donor
"The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a loooooot
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:29 am »
I just donated what was left in my Paypal account, which came to almost £5, which is $8 when converted into USD. It's probably not the largest fund the site has received, but I still hope that you make good use of my money. This was quite a worthwhile investment so I'll probably donate again some time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:37:41 am by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 28
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:55 am »
This site is the one thing apart from my mate that has kept me sane. I'll stick in $25 next month when i get paid.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 05:43:30 pm »
I just donated what was left in my Paypal account, which came to almost £5, which is $8 when converted into USD. It's probably not the largest fund the site has received, but I still hope that you make good use of my money. This was quite a worthwhile investment so I'll probably donate again some time.

This site is the one thing apart from my mate that has kept me sane. I'll stick in $25 next month when i get paid.

Aww, thanks!  It'll go toward our hosting fees, which have increased slightly as the site's traffic has grown.  Still pretty easy to manage, but member contributions are always helpful :-)

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Offline Orpheus

• Physically im 18. Mentally, thats another question...
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 44
  • Tacky, yet delightfully refined.
    • FurAffinity - orpheusfox
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 07:34:59 pm »
I want to donate but all i have is my debit card. Guess i could send a money order.  :? You go to the post office to get those right?
    Honor, Courage, Commitment.  

Offline Toranar

• He who falls from walls
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 36
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
  • Fursona Species: Manx Loaghtan Sheep
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 12:40:21 am »
I want to donate but all i have is my debit card. Guess i could send a money order.  :? You go to the post office to get those right?

Supposing you're old enough, you could use your debit card to get a paypal account connected to your bank account and then have the money transferred that way :P
  • Site Donor
"The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a loooooot
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

Offline Eve

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Fursona Species: Dhole
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:51 pm »
I'm going to donate. I don't have much right now, but still helpful nonetheless.
Edit: Donated!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:08:17 pm by Evesske »
  • Site Donor

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »
Sadly I don't have a Paypal or anything like that  :sad-fox:. I just wish it would be simple as stuffing five bucks into my computer  :fox-:P:.
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:14 am »
Honestly, if I had a Paypal, could control my own money, and was older with a credit card, I would definitely donate and pay all the expenses.  Problem is I don't any of those things. . .  :shock: :shock:  I dunno what to do, I could draw some money or something.
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 09:22:06 am »
Apparently, you can buy like, 'gift cards' from PayPal, and you can just load them up with however much the card is worth and use them without needing an account?
I don't think they have them in Australia, but an American girl who commissioned me used one recently, and it seems really useful for anyone underage/who isn't allowed a paypal, for commissioning art and for donating here.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 06:31:09 am »
Hi! i am about to donate before leaving the forum, but I don't find any Paypal button, the site being down. Any help please? :(
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 09:25:26 am »
Hi! i am about to donate before leaving the forum, but I don't find any Paypal button, the site being down. Any help please? :(

Since I no longer run a hosting community, that link no longer works.  I'll fix it ASAP; in the meantime, I'll PM you (and anyone else who's interested) details about how to contribute to the site if you'd like to do that.  It's definitely still appreciated!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 11:23:07 am »

Since I no longer run a hosting community, that link no longer works.  I'll fix it ASAP; in the meantime, I'll PM you (and anyone else who's interested) details about how to contribute to the site if you'd like to do that.  It's definitely still appreciated!
I've got myself a current account now, so if I can get a paypal account then I'll donate some money too, I've spent too much time on this site not to.
Basically, I'm interested if the pm will still be valid in two to three months time.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~