Author Topic: Non American Groups/Bands/Artists  (Read 2998 times)

Offline GMoney

• Im me. Are you you?
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Im me, are you you
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
Non American Groups/Bands/Artists
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:13 pm »
Does any one know any good non American groups/bands/artists? I'll accept anything but rap and metal
The names Bond, John Bond XD

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
Re: Non American Groups/Bands/Artists
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »
The first non-American group that comes to mind is Porcupine Tree. They're British.

85% of there material is lighter progressive rock, but they do have some heavier stuff. No screaming or growling, don't worry. I highly recommend them!

Some lighter songs: "Trains", "Lazarus", "Lips of Ashes", "Heartattack in a Layby", "I Drive the Hearse", "Time Flies", "Sentimental", "My Ashes", "Dark Matter"

A bit heavier: "Deadwing", "Blackest Eyes", "The Sound of Muzak"

Heaviest: "Fear of a Blank Planet" "Way out of Here", "Halo", "Open Car"

(just helping :P)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:28:51 pm by Schism »

Offline GMoney

• Im me. Are you you?
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Im me, are you you
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »
Cool. Thanks. I'll look them up when I get home

Oh, and I recomend (to all who read this) E Nomine! HE IS SO EPIC! He does German and Latin Techno. It has a dark feel to it and one album of his was all dark and about Vampires and Werewolves and stuff. ITS EPIC AND CREEPY AS HELL XDDDDD
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:39:10 pm by GMoney »
The names Bond, John Bond XD

Offline Karn Thunderhoof

• 100% Canadian Beef
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • See that "Give cookie" Button up there? Press It!
    • FurAffinity - KarnThunderHoof
  • Fursona Species: Highland Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:21:59 pm »
(I'm not to sure if your into Game-music but I'm going to post this anyway)

Only one Artist/composer comes to mind and that's Grant Kirkhope,

He was the lead British video game music composer at Rareware until he left for some reason. We made the songs for, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey kong 64, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata, And I think Conkers bad Furday.

His music ranges from peaceful to really epic. :P
If you see me online or want someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message! :3

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »
 Pendulum. God yes, Pendulum. They're a British band, originally from Australia, and in my experience are virtually unknown in the US. It's a shame too, since they make electronic and drum and bass music that brings the house down and stomps on the wreckage. Everything they do is like a lovechild with Rock and Techno as the parents.

For the heavy stuff, start with "Blood Sugar": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryTOjUJz1PM
For something lighter but still plenty electric, try "Hold Your Colour": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFnU0FUGno
And for their take on more regular rock songs, here's "Witchcraft": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMNV33AhCY

They cover a huge span of tempos and styles, and there's something for everyone out there. These three are some of my favorites by them, but if you're so enticed, "Granite," "Watercolour," "Tarantula," and "Ransom" all have their own unique style that's worth hearing too. If you don't like the first song, listen to another one anyway- I'm willing to beat there's something they've done you'll like.
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • Candies: 78
  • oooo
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:10:31 pm »
Seriously? A thing about foreign music and no mention of Japanese artists?
First one to come to mind for me is my favorite group, Capsule. Their music is extremely varied, originally starting at Jpop, working its way to shibuya-kei, then electro-house and electro-disco, and finally synthpop and techno.
Sample
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Alnix

• Art Student
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Forever drawing you while you sleep.
    • DeviantArt - Alnix
    • FurAffinity - Alnix
    • Twitter - AlnixArtistry
    • Alnix's Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Groove-Billed Ani
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 04:18:42 pm »
Anything but rap and metal. Hmm...

I'd say Grand Design. They are Swedish I think, and have an eighties sound to them. They kinda remind me of the sound of Def Leppard a little bit.

If you are looking for Non-English lyrics there are a couple good J-Rock band I can think up off the top of my head. Two of my favorites are L'Arc-en-ciel which generally doesn't go too heavy with their music. If you want a heavier J-Rock band Abingdon Boys School is pretty good. Just for a little perspective, if you watch anime, Larc-en-ciel did the Full-Metal Alchemist 2nd opening. Abingdon Boys School did the first opening for both D.Gray Man and Darker Than Black along with the 4th ending song of Soul Eater.

So, yeah.
Furry-Code:  FA[Groove-Billed Ani]1adfrs C+ D>++ H+ M P R+ T+++ W RLA a- cn++ e+ f h* j p+

There ain't no fate except the one you make, and there ain't no hell except the stuff you take everyday.
-Bryan Steeksma

~Avatar by Talenshi on DeviantArt~

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:57:29 pm »
 Oh, to abridge my earlier post: Sigur R
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:38:52 pm by Duino »
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline Sheba Damon

• Has the munchies...
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • Yellow
  • Fursona Species: Skink
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
I don't know if you would count these guys as metal,
but how about Enter Shikari? They're British.
They play electronic (mostly Happy Hardcore) and rock.
I'd suggest their newer stuff if you don't like metal... (As in Common Dreads and Tribalism)
They seem to be returning back to their core a bit, but those two albums are more (Punk or Hard) rock then metal.
"Tribalism" by Enter Shikari http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPJjXog3GT8
and
"Hectic" by Enter Shikari (It's a very happy song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaOCL5-JYY

Offline Saucy_Fox

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 12:35:47 am »
I don't see the point in this topic. I mean, generalizing music as "American and non-American" isn't specific at all. It's not like foreign music is rare, hell, I know underground Ukrainian black metal bands for no reason whatsoever. You should look for music by genre, not nationality. Anyways, I can't help you out much, because my taste is mostly metal, but I can help you out with some bands though. Amesoeurs (post-punk, defunct, from France), Les Discrets (post-rock, from France), Neun Welten (folk, from Germany), Nest (folk ambient, from Finland), God Is An Astronaut (post-rock, from Ireland), Godspeed You! Black Emperor (post-rock, from Canada), Mogwai (post rock, from Scotland), and Sigur Ros (post rock, from Iceland, and I love the video for this one btw). I probably know more, but that's enough for now I think.

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 02:29:20 am »
1. orange range
2. aqua timez
3. FLOW
4. the seatbelts
5. the pillows
6. rie fu
Sorry I don't have any links but you can find all of them on youtube they are all japanese artist.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Jerry

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 04:40:35 am »
This is my post from another thread but all are outside the states.
"Well, I like Goldfish. They are big in Africa but not here. They do techno jazz. Cirque Du Soleil is relaxing. Try Pandora. Free music and pretty accurate recommendations and all free! Also, an Israeli band called Balkan Beat Box is different. They are great and very exciting to listen to.

My favorite songs of each
Goldfish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBIEMonruE
Balkan Beat Box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRCTZh-wRHs

These are different kinds of bands but are really fun to listen to. Cirque Du Soleil's music is too hard to sum up by one song. Glad to give more info. All are relatively unpopular in the states so hope you like them."