Author Topic: Musical Instruments  (Read 21472 times)

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
Re: Musical Instruments
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2007, 09:40:57 pm »
My first guitar died D: Don't remind me. I loved that thing.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2007, 04:41:39 pm »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/gundamwarrior/P3310121.jpg

Got me my bass finally..but went with a different one....reason why up on FA.

Offline Lucien Wulff

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »
I wish I owned my own bass.  Well, not guitar, but that would be nice too.  I can play the bass guitar, but I'm much better at the bass violin.  Unfortunately, those cost a bit more, so instead of owning one I'm renting 3-no wait, 4 from different places.  It gets kinda confusing trying to remember how much each one's endpin comes out, but I'm not ready to invest a lot of money to buy my own.
☼Jon☼

Because I'm cool like that
~Good musicians execute their music...bad ones murder it.
~"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true."
~"Music is what feelings sound like."

Offline Didelphis

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 28
  • I'm in ur garage, droolin' on ur stuff.
    • My furaffinity gallery
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2007, 11:20:27 pm »
You mean Upright bass? Bass violin does not compute! O: Are you talking about the big, heavy brute of the viol family who stands round bout five foot high at the scroll or a violin with a low bass tone? o.O If it's the Upright then <3 if it's the violin o:
"I have the navigational skills of a lemming!"

Didelphis: Annoying teh internets one forum at a time.

Offline Lucien Wulff

• Red Level
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2007, 07:58:08 am »
Yeah, the upright bass.  I wasn't quite sure how to name it so that everybody could understand what I was saying (I just looked on wikipedia, apparently the bass violin is actually a cello).  Oh, and it's a bit larger than five feet high, with the endpin out.  It has to be taller than the person playing it, and although I'm short, I'm a bit taller than five feet.   :lol-fox:  From saddle to scroll, maybe about five feet is right, though.  Depends on what size it is.
☼Jon☼

~"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true."

Offline Didelphis

• Yellow Level
    • My furaffinity gallery
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2007, 09:28:29 am »
Yeah I wa referring to the size without the end pin :3 They're usually about 5' or 5'1" I really want to learn to play double bass <3 I actually played with one of the strings (There's only two now since the other's have either been broken or taken off by mistake and unable to be  put back >_> ) on my guitar until they had a similar tone (albeit no yamaha classic guitar from costco can match the sound of the bass <3) and actually play it like a plucked bass XD And I never knew that the cello was referred to as a bass violin... A three or four foot violin, interesting lol

"And cello with the spike at the bottom that kills you"

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2007, 01:06:23 pm »
A bass is an interesting instrument. But I really wanted to play the bassoon. I love those.

Offline Lucien Wulff

• Red Level
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2007, 04:11:46 pm »
Yeah, bassoons are cool.  What bothers me are french horns.  In the Milwuakee Youth Symphony Orchestra, I play right next to them, and they get really loud, and their pitch rings in my ears.  It's really annoying.
☼Jon☼

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2007, 04:39:58 pm »
Ahem... I can play the kazoo... I'm decent on an Ocarina I guess, but I can only work it with the Ocarina-specific music notation which is a tad difficult to find.... And major kudos to all who are going to for learning to play the Pipes!
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Didelphis

• Yellow Level
    • My furaffinity gallery
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2007, 01:48:57 pm »
*drones* ........ ok, I don't have pipes *yet* but ta seventy dollars It shouldn't take too long until I annoy the entire apartment complex with deafening drones XD

My neightbor has a set of bagpipes. I like to listen when I can lol

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2007, 07:51:30 am »
Did stuff...guitar -1.....then guitar +1 and blaaaah....yeah thats all I got to say.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/Cmdr-A/P9160248.jpg

Offline -account deleted-

• Captain Awesome
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2007, 01:16:02 pm »
I'm vaguely learning the bass guitar (i.e. I have one but haven't yet bothered to play it) I'm pretty adept on the piano, and I am very proud of my singing voice ^_^
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2007, 06:05:12 pm »
I currently have a acustic guitar. and I might be getting a drumset(crazy Idea... Might work or might not... PM for details.)
*My fursona: -Anthro Dragon(Shapeshifter)
-wears collar and tail-strap...
-Color found here, http://blackfox1210.deviantart.com/art/Zeth-2-0-93337840
-has a long tail(Thick and about 1/2 his size, 6' 4")
-digitgrade feet

I'm revoking your right to have a species. You are now an amoeba >.>

• Captain Awesome
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2007, 10:40:17 am »
I have an acoustic guitar in my room now, leaning against the wall to make me look interesting to people.

Ho yes.
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Offline RandomerLoz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • 17 Days Of Innocence...
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2007, 12:21:53 pm »
I own a keyboard and a acoustic guitar which I started learning in year 6 but I can't get lessons anymore so it's just sitting there. Everyone is learning keyboard in school, so hopefully I can keep playing that and get really good or whatever.

Offline Onyx Cheetah

• Just Me... (I think)
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 7
  • I am what I am
    • My Youtube Page - Don't expect greatness =P
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:40 am »
I have an acoustic guitar too, but unfortunately the strings are rusted and I don't have the money to pay for new ones so I can't play it. (Well, I can, but the sound comes out weird.)

I used to have a flute when I was younger, and was first chair in band, but my parents got rid of it after a year.

Offline Zakk

• Candies: 0
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2007, 06:13:07 pm »
I own a black ESP LTD electric guitar and I currently taking lessons on playing it though I really wish I got a bass guitar instead. I regret choosing guitar over bass.  :cry-wuf:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:21:29 pm by Zakk »

Offline Felltir

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • All good antelopes are vegetarian.
« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2007, 11:23:56 am »
I play the euphonium... yay grade one.
PTO.

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 13
  • This be me. :B
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2007, 04:04:51 pm »
I can play a few instruments, but not very well. They are: clarinet, flute, and guitar.

I used to really like playing, but after I got my guitar, my dad started getting into it and it ruined it for me because I'd constantly hear "Oh how do you do this! What note is this! What song is this! How do you play eighth notes! Can you play that!"

Plus the Middle School/High School band teacher was horrible. For him music could not be a pastime. He'd flip out at the people who play wrong notes or wrong beats, and played favorites and stuff. My elementary school band teacher was awesome though. A whole bunch of people where in band because he made it so fun. But like 70% of the band quit in Middle school. 

And other stuff happened. So basically I got burned out. I'd like to learn how to play violin though, but I don't think I could take the horrible screeching of playing it wrong. D:

• Captain Awesome
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2007, 11:01:05 am »
I'm now properly learning to play the guitar. Thank you Musical Dad! :fox-;):