Author Topic: General Pokemon Thread  (Read 10908 times)

Offline Zeux

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolger (Wolf/Tiger Hybrid)
General Pokemon Thread
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:02:04 pm »
With the Japanese release of the new Pokemon games on the horizon, masses of new information are being leaked, such as the complete Pokedex featuring 156 completely new monsters. Here's the link to it, but I warn that it contains massive spoilers.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

So, what do you think about the game, along with the new generation of Pocket Monsters? Are the designs innovative? Stupid? Just plain crazy? Do you have any personal favorites? Discuss!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:53:47 am by Sleek »
"Any tree can drop an apple, but I'll drop the freaking moon."

Offline Cell

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 48
Re: Pokemon: Black and White Versions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:09:49 pm »
Since Gen. 4 it's seemed to me that they're running out of real animals to rip off, though I will say that I SERIOUSLY want that mole looking one. :3 It's adorable.
I like the new designs, but they almost don't look like Pokemon considering some of the older stuff(I mean, just look at gen. 3 and compare them!).
It just goes to show how far they progress each time they put out a new game. Even though the story itself never changes much, I do always like to see the new characters come out and see if I want to add them to my arsenal. I may get this when it's released.
Meh.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »
I'm so sorry for the necro ;-; But I couldn't find any other Pokemon threads here? Well, besides a HG/SS one.
BUT I JUST LOVE TALKING ABOUT POKEMON SO HOPEFULLY SOMEONE ELSE WILL POST HERE OKEY

Anyways
Leaked movie release poster
In link form because spoilers? Maybe, idk
So many official reveals ALL IN ONE @_@
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Goat angst

• Your crazy ruler
  • Cookies: 114
  • Mmmmm goat angst~
    • DeviantArt - crazymonkey45
    • FurAffinity - crazywolf45
  • Fursona Species: Crazy and spooky goat angst
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:21 pm »
I love pokemon,but I lost my pokemon black version and I had zorua and zoruark in the game.Also I have soulsilver
  • Award - Beta Tester

Tacos are the best kind of weapons!

Offline Toranar

• He who falls from walls
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 36
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
  • Fursona Species: Manx Loaghtan Sheep
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:01:03 am »
There's a pokecenter in my local mall... So thats one of the first places I'm going to take my friend when I take her up here for a short vacation. Anyways, I haven't played much since I was a kid but one of my friends gave me pearl I think for my birthday (and because he wanted someone else working on it so he could trade and stuff :P)

I'll probably pick up white or black at some point... Just keep forgetting about it, lol.
  • Site Donor
"The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a loooooot
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:50 am »
There's a pokecenter in my local mall...

Oookay, I'm so jealous ;;

And a new Pokemon game was announced today, so I've been bouncing off the walls over that 8D
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Goat angst

• Your crazy ruler
  • Mmmmm goat angst~
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:02 am »
Oh my god panda you have to give me the details about it.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:55:58 am »
(ok kind of off topic but does keldeo look like a my little pony or)

I love, love, LOVE pokemon, but I'm honestly still stuck remembering some of gen. 4, I barely recognise half of the black/white pokemon.
But if black 2 / white 2 comes out I'll probably get back into it through that! I was hoping they'd do something with Kyurem that wasn't just a 'pokemon grey'.

Also what's a seikenshi?
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Toranar

• Green Level
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:21:03 am »

I love, love, LOVE pokemon, but I'm honestly still stuck remembering some of gen. 4, I barely recognise half of the black/white pokemon.
But if black 2 / white 2 comes out I'll probably get back into it through that! I was hoping they'd do something with Kyurem that wasn't just a 'pokemon grey'.

Also what's a seikenshi?

I still have red.... And I still like the first generation the most. Lol. But old school ftw.

There's a pokecenter in my local mall...

Oookay, I'm so jealous ;;

Well, if you ever find yourself in and or near lynnwood in the state of Washington its at alderwood mall. On the inside near the gamestop. I hear there's another gamestop inside the mall though.. But I haven't seen one.

Edit: Btw, http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv63/Toranar/2012-02-20_17-32-48_622.jpg    A pic I took for a friend of it :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:26:34 am by Toranar »
  • Site Donor
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:04 am »
Edit: Btw, http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv63/Toranar/2012-02-20_17-32-48_622.jpg    A pic I took for a friend of it :P

QuQ aaaa scraggy plushies and reshirams and zekroms and omg
Pokemon merchandise makes me /so/ happy I can't even words, I have a handful of plushes but I WANT MORE OvO

I was just a little too late for Red/Blue/Yellow, but I still had them and played them. I played Gold/Silver first though, and still have my originals. Jhoto was my favourite region. old school gamer 4 lyf
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:08:50 am »
Well, if you ever find yourself in and or near lynnwood in the state of Washington its at alderwood mall. On the inside near the gamestop. I hear there's another gamestop inside the mall though.. But I haven't seen one.

Ooooh, those things! I had no idea you lived by that...I'm in a Pokemon Collecting group on Livejournal, and people do pick-ups for merchandise from there all the time 8D

Yes 8D I love that Pokemon
And according to google, a seikenshi is a group of "sacred swordsmasters"? I looked it up in my Japanese dictionary and couldn't find it, so maybe it's just a movie-exclusive word, haha

Oh my god panda you have to give me the details about it.

Well basically all that's released now is the name and cover Pokemon
With the names being Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. The cover Pokemon are some freaky fusions between Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, creatively called "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem"
The 2 at the end suggests its gonna be a sequel, as opposed to a mix of the two, which has never been done before, so we'll see :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:14:55 am by Panda »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Toranar

• Green Level
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »
Well I don't quite live near it, I live in edmonds, which is about 6.4 miles away according to google. So I can only go when my family drives down there :P

Edit: I bought white.

I have to say I like the pokemon in this version a lot better than Gen 4.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:40:17 pm by Toranar »
  • Site Donor

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 03:26:29 pm »
There is a rumor going around that you will be playing as team magma for pokemon white 2 and team aqua for pokemon black 2.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »
There is a rumor going around that you will be playing as team magma for pokemon white 2 and team aqua for pokemon black 2.

:o I'll be so happy if that's true. I LOVE Black and Team Aqua, so <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sylfire

• ^ NOT A TYPO
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 32
  • Don't be silly, trees don't have feelings!
    • DeviantArt - Sylfire
    • FurAffinity - Sylfire
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »

That would be awesome! I wonder though, how they'd pull that off, story wise... hmm...

Team Magma tries to catch Landorus, Team Aqua tries to catch Tornadus and Thundurus? Landorus for possible drought stuff for Team Magma, and Tornadus and Thundurus for massive rainstorms?
FDDp3AC-DH++MP++++R-T+++WZSmRLUa-c++wd+e-f+h*i++j+p+sm << I DONT REMEMBER WHAT THIS MEANS

Offline Juno fox

• For the furs!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • I'm gonna be somebody some day
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:17 pm »
Gotta say they have gotten less inspired with each gen, 4th will always be my favorite since HG and SS were made, I like the ideas they put in like moving sprites, and moving camera angles, but sadly they will never be able to do this in HG &SS :/

Offline Goat angst

• Your crazy ruler
  • Mmmmm goat angst~
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »
I just pre-orderd Pokemon white 2 I get a my little ponymon.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Gummy Worm

• Da bunny with attitude
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
    • DeviantArt - lGummyWorml
    • FurAffinity - Gummy-Bunny
  • Fursona Species: Bunny
General Pokemon Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 08:43:32 pm »
So I did a bit of looking and noticed there wasn't a thread to really discuss Pokemon in general.  You know, a thread to discuss what you like or don't like about each generation, a place for you to talk about different things you've done with playthroughs, whatever you wanna talk about here!

I got my hands on Pokemon HeartGold recently, great considering Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever owned.  I have to say, I like a whole lot of the changes made, and the game just looks good.  Of course you still get the whole annoying trainers constantly calling you, but it feels like they cut getting items from certain ones.  Which sucks, because I really need a firestone to evolve Growlithe.  But I enjoy having my Pokemon follow me around, something fans have been calling for since Pokemon Yellow.  And the Pokewalker makes it so I can masturbate and still feel like I accomplished something.  They did a great job remastering the music as well, which is great since I have all the music practically memorized from countless hours playing Silver/Gold/Crystal.

I give HeartGold a 15/10, would be a 20/10 if I could find a fucking firestone.  :fox-:P:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:34:56 pm by Icee »
Sorry I don't post much.  Depression is a bitch.

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
Re: General Pokemon Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »
Ahh, I love Pokémon. I've grown up playing the games, and I still do play them. I own a few of the older games, and I still love to go back and just play through a couple of them from time to time. I also own some Pokémon franchise which floats around my room.

One of these days I'm going to cosplay as Ash Ketchum. It's a goal of mine. I've already found some gloves and a hat just like his. :fox-:P:

I haven't actually gotten a chance to play more of the newer ones, though I'm really tempted to save up for a 3DS just so I can. I want to start to catch up on Pokémon again, as I feel like I've been stuck in the past for a bit. Like, I want to see and play with more of the new Pokemon as well. I've seen a couple of new ones that I kind of like.

Also, I expect a certain platypus admin to notice this thread at some point.  :fox-;):
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:34:50 pm by Blaidd Llywd »
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline deaded

• Otterly Unprepared
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 11
Re: General Pokemon Thread
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:28 pm »
The Pokemon games are some of, if not my favorite video games of all time.  I've grown up with the show and the TCG, but I didn't find out about the games until my cousin introduced me to Pokemon Yellow.  The game that I've spent by far the most time on was Pokemon Diamond/Platinum.  That's where I got my first level 100 Pokemon, an Empoleon. :fox-:P: So many memories! X3

Of course you still get the whole annoying trainers constantly calling you, but it feels like they cut getting items from certain ones.  Which sucks, because I really need a firestone to evolve Growlithe.

You can get a firestone as a prize from the Pokeathalon, but it's only available on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Also, School Kid Alan gives it to you randomly.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to play more of the newer ones, though I'm really tempted to save up for a 3DS just so I can.

If you do get a 3DS, you should get this one.  I can't wait to get it when it comes out on March 24th!