Author Topic: Chime (XB360/PC music & puzzle game)  (Read 396 times)

Offline Blaine

• Professional Underachiever
  • Candies: 1
  • Son & heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar.
    • FurAffinity - touch
    • Twitter - blaine_gsd
  • Fursona Species: German Shepard + Golden Retriever
Chime (XB360/PC music & puzzle game)
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:54:43 pm »
I mentioned Chime in my introductory post, so I figured I'd share this with everyone.

Chime is like musical Tetris, in a way. You make combos to score high, and find new ways to make the pieces fit. Chime gives a new twist, though: The pieces affect the music. Because of this, Chime is uniquely addicting; every time you play, it's like hearing a new remix.

Moby, Markus Schulz, Paul Hartnoll, Fred Deakin, Phillip Glass... and even Jonathan Coulton's "Still Alive" (As sung by GLaDOS) have made their way onto the soundtrack (Still Alive is a bonus track on the PC version).

If you like puzzle games in this style, I say at least download the trial.  Not everyone with a broad taste in music will dig the soundtrack. The three friends I've shown Chime have all liked it, but they complained that the game had hardly any songs. I agreed, although the game is still very satisfying with only 5 songs. On the other hand, all the songs are good quality in my opinion, so I have no major complaints.

Chime pits gamers against the melody in an all-new puzzle experience. Place blocks against the clock, complete solid quads and try to cover the whole playing surface, all the while remixing and embellishing pieces by musicians from across the planet. And you get to feel good about yourself, too: Zoe Mode will donate a proportion of its royalties (equivalent to 5% of purchase price) for sales of the Steam version.
Source: http://www.chimegame.com/
Luv ya~