Author Topic: Moon (Film)  (Read 466 times)

Offline Acrisuis

• Green Level
  • Candies: 22
  • SOMEONE needs to love insects....
    • DeviantArt - Pocket-fulla-shells
  • Fursona Species: Insect thing
Moon (Film)
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »
A modern cult movie, extreamly underrated, and it was quite possibly my faviroute movie of 09

Directed by Duncan Jones (Fun fact - he's David Bowie's son), and acted almost solo by Sam Rockwell. Moon is about the charcter of Sam Bell at the last two weeks of his 3 year contract working on the moon base to extract heluim 3, an energy source of the future for Earth. With only Gerty, the assistant 'robot' for company, the isloation takes it's toll, and he then makes a discovery that will turn his world upside down. Sam Rockwell's acting is terrific, and the great script really draws you into his peformance, and makes you care about Sam Bell. I find that a movie that makes you care what happens to the characters is a sign of a good, engaging movie. As a debut movie of a budget of only 5 million, it is fantastic, and makes me excited for more movies from Duncan Jones in the future. The film score was also excellent, that really does help to reflect the mood of the movie, without being too in your face, since an epic dramatic film score would really ruin the atmosphere - the main theme was very memorable.
This movie is fairly action free, so if you're looking for a Sci fi movie with good action, then go see another one, but this one has a gripping story and character, with a plot that will keep you thoroughly engaged from start to finish

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
Re: Moon (Film)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:06:21 pm »
I have to watch this one for my last English assignment, and I'm really quite excited, I can't wait to watch it.
  • Flag - original

Offline Cell

• Green Level
  • Candies: 48
Re: Moon (Film)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:59:21 pm »
Is it in anyway comparable to Gattaca?
Even if it's not, I'm interested. I wanna see it.
Meh.