Author Topic: fallout new vegas  (Read 3162 times)

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
fallout new vegas
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »

you wake up in a surgery within a small town named good springs and instantly you are put into the thick of it after a quick but optional tutorial when you are asked to fight off a group called the powder gangers. i suddenly realised this would be repetitive running and fighting. fortunatley unlike fallout 3 the weapons look realistic and modiying weapons is fun but mods come rarely in the first few levels. one major flaw is that  you cannot sprint or use vehicles so it takes forevr to get from place to place. i was dissapointed to the fact that when i came to a weapon shop i could see high power weapons on sale but only low quality weapons on sale. overall me thinks this was a good buy but be careful of your health during the first 10 levels as high power weapons are scare then.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

Offline VivianTheFox

• =^-^= Vivian =^-^=
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Living in the moment
    • FurAffinity - VivianTheFox
  • Fursona Species: North American Red Fox
Re: fallout new vegas
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:27:53 pm »
Im most likely going to buy the game in the near future. I love Fallout because after you beat the game and think that theres nothing left to do you can mod the game and start the fun all over. :lol-fox:

My Furcode: FCF3ars>CF3acdfmrsw A-->+ C->++ D H+ M- P++ R++ T++++ W Z->+ Sm+ RLCT>E a clnovw++ d+ e+>+++ f h+>++ i++ j++ p- sm+

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »
I don't think your review did the game justice.

Fallout New Vegas feels like a add-on to Fallout 3. It adds some great new features like Aiming down the sights of your gun, Gambling, better AI companions, Crafting and a nice verity of weapons.

Running and gunning may seem repetitive but its not for me.  After you discover a location you can fast travel to it. Exploring is what makes this game worth the money.  You can spend 20 or more hours just finding new places and people.  Gunning seem more accurate now since you have ADS.  The cinematic kills is what makes my day. Watching in slow-mo as your opponent goes down never gets old.

The story is okay but not as good as Fallout 3. You don't really have a drive to beat the game. This game has a ton of side quests.

Mods are modification to your weapon. You can buy  silencers, larger ammo magazines and scopes and much more.

Fallout New Vegas can be buggy as hell but its not game breaking.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:32:57 am by zspartancats »

Offline Renegade-Sandwich

• WHENS MAHVEL?
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Dedotated Wam
    • FurAffinity - Renegade-Sandwich
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon العنقاء
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:10 pm »
Yes its like Fallout 3
Yes its buggy
Yes the main story line isn't as good as Fo3's

But I found that these small things never got in the way of a game that was pure win with gravy on the side

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:16 am »
I thought New Vegas was only a decent game at best. I thought it's storyline and dialogue was far better than Fallout 3's. But the gameplay and graphics were almost the same as Fallout 3's. This didn't really make it any better for me because I was kind of expecting Fallout 4. It was also very buggy/glitchy. It's a solid 7/10 game IMO. with...

Good points being...
+ Better storyline and dialogue than FO 3
+ Nicely designed world
+ Still fun to play

Bad points being...
- Same gameplay and graphics as FO 3 (though this owon't be a problem for everyone)
- Very buggy/glitchy
- You can't replay the game once you complete it (like Fallout 3)

I also do not get why people think Fallout 3's storyline is better than New Vegas'. I disliked Fallout 3's storyline. Sure you're rising up against oppression (sorta) but all you're really doing is purifying water. The fact that you're trying to do the exact same thing as the Enclave doesn't really help the plot as well. At least with Vegas you're tying to find the man that killed you only to realize stuff is MUCH bigger then your petty revenge. And that there is a battle for the Dam that draws closer as you progress through the game. Also I like the fact that there is no definitive "good guy" or "bad guy" faction. They are fuel'd by their ideology's and beliefs. This makes it that much stronger.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 10:26:41 am »
...you're rising up against oppression (sorta) but all you're really doing is purifying water. The fact that you're trying to do the exact same thing as the Enclave doesn't really help the plot as well.

Hate to take issue with this, but The Enclave weren't trying to purify the water, they were trying to use it to kill anyone with any radialogical mutations - which more-or-less means everyone not Enclave - using a poison or something...whereas "Dad" was trying to just make it pure so anyone could drink it.

Also, I haven't played New Vegas as my PC won't hack it. But when I do it'll have to be pretty bloody amazing to beat the scene in Fallout 3 where you attack The Enclave with that giant robot thing....that was awesome.

Offline kibou

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Human?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »
I've been considering buying New Vegas
but I hear its buggy as hell...meh I play Cata beta
I'm sure it can't be much worse

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:39:45 pm »
I've been considering buying New Vegas
but I hear its buggy as hell...meh I play Cata beta

it's a good game don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the graphics and gameplay , i haven't met any bugs
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

Offline roland

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • ha!!!! wait what
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 07:02:01 pm »
the game is buggy example my carecter keeps dying duing loading screens or doing a big quest that has small odd job in the area that the quest is in. once you complete the bigger quest the small guest get restarted you still have the reward but the people will act if you just accsepted it
..... what *tilts head*.....ohh

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:31 am »
Forgot to post this earlier:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2435-Fallout-New-Vegas

Warning - may contain some strong language and inuendos.

Offline Renegade-Sandwich

• WHENS MAHVEL?
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Dedotated Wam
    • FurAffinity - Renegade-Sandwich
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon العنقاء
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:21 am »
Forgot to post this earlier:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2435-Fallout-New-Vegas

Warning - may contain some strong language and inuendos.

Ahh yes, zero punctuation, he is the lol

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
Re: Fallout New Vegas
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:15 pm »
THIS TOPIC TITLE NEEDS CAPITALS!

Anyway. I got this game after the explosive rush to it, so the price went down...almost like...nuclear fallout......Ba-dum tish.

I haven't played Fallout 3 or any other of the Fallout games for that matter, so I have nothing to compare, but I did find this game to be extremely enjoyable.

Good:
Guns, Guns, Guns
OH MY, there are a assortment of guns in this game, and they look and sound beautiful! The crack of the Hunting rifle is the most satisfying sound I

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
Okay, wait. Many bugs have been patched out. not all, but many. The rest are faults with the gamebryo engine, and can be found in Fallout 3, and oblivion likewise.  Fallout NV is fun, but not worth full price. not 50, but 30-40 is good. and 25 was a steal for me ;). And like all Bethesda games, its best on PC.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Snowy

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 21
  • My first attempt at a Avatar
    • FurAffinity - Snowy_Owl
  • Fursona Species: Bubo scandiacus
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 12:25:08 am »
I personally liked the game and was able to play through it once before it continually has trouble with crashing/ freezing now but it was period before that happened an epic game. the only other bug i found was the old radscorpion stuck in the ground alive but unable to move. I always play a basically striped down play through first time which includes not taking very many side quests and just going through and finishing it which i did on caesar's side because i always say evil is the easy in any game like this.
My Furcode Click to Decode it:
FAO3a A-- C D+ H- P R T W-- Z- Sm RLCT* a- cm++++ d? e- f- h* i++ j++ p sm-
GT: warrocks
Summoner name(LOL): Cook7v
AWWW my sig was too big :( :(

Offline asapfgd

• seeker of light
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 1
    • FurAffinity - asapfgd
  • Fursona Species: clouded leopard maybe
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 01:29:45 am »
I think the Main game is pretty well covered so I'll say something about the first dlc.

Dead Money

If you want the plot and loads of spoilers just go to The vault.  http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Money they say it better than I can and if you don't want the story ruined then it's not. there are a few main things you should know though. first of all the dlc is really eerie from the moment you start it tell the moment it ends. I say eerie because its not scary were things are jumping out of nowhere and attacking you, but I always thought something like that would happen. second of all its really hard on hard on hardcore mode. Now the rest of the game was not easy on hardcore mode, but this is much more difficult. Another thing you notice once you finished Dead Money is that you didn't get much added to your arsenal, the weapons in the dlc are not as good as in the main game. The fourth and final thing is that the story is awesome. which you can learn about on the link.

overall:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline white wolf

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Im so ugly but thats ok guss so are you.
  • Fursona Species: white wolf mixed with a black german shepered.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 07:32:38 am »
I freaking love this game i give it 6 stares and tell everyone who hasnt played it to do so it freaking amazing! :lol-fox:

Offline SmirGel

• Scott "The Biker Kid" Taylor
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 41
  • METAL means music and image, truth and freedom
    • FurAffinity - daa123
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »
BAD

after you finish the main story you cant continue playing except if you start new character BIG MINUS  :sad-fox:

otherwise good game

Offline Fr33zy

• Wolfy
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 09:43:28 am »
The Good:
-I love the setting of New Vegas, it is a welcome change from the dead Capital Wasteland. It always seems like there is something to do. I am a level 44 with all the DLC completed and I am still finding places.

- Weapons are all unique and fill their own niche in the game. The unique weapons being some of the coolest I've seen in a video game. While some of them are ripped from Fallout 3, even the ones that are have been modified to be unique again.

- A cool DLC story line, following the story of another Courier trying to find your character for unknown reasons.

The Bad:
- The game was a buggy mess upon release. While all of the issues have been fixed by update 1.44, the game now has a reputation for being unplayable. And I myself have had a level 25+ character get corrupted. Not fun.

- The first DLC: Dead Money. Was awful. The reward for beating it:100,000 caps of gold bars, was good. Except that you could only carry 3 of them... Plus it was short and generally unrewarding besides that. The following DLC has been very very very good in comparison, but Dead Money leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. And its not because of the toxic gas around the Sierra Madre.

-Not enough publicity. Very few people even knew the game came out, because I literally saw one commercial on TV the whole time before the game came out.

The Ugly:
- DLC almost never releases at the same time for all consoles. The latest: Old World Blues, came out on Xbox on the 19th, and finally didnt make it on PSN for Europe until the 20th. It's pretty sad.

- Loading screens. Much like in Fallout 3, there are loading screens galore and it can really take a toll on your sanity, such as the quest "GI Blues" Where you are running back and forth repeatedly talking to the same 2 people in 2 different areas. Eventually the loading screen takes longer than the time it takes to get through the diologue trees...

- 3 voice actors for 2 entire armies. Again a problem Fallout 3 and Oblivion had, not nearly enough voice actors. And the voice actors they DID get didn't record nearly enough voice work...Example. If you walk into an NCR camp you will hear this...constantly

"Hey, Glad you're on our side."
"One of the Rangers looked at me and I just about surrendered"
"The Mojave almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter"
"One of the rangers looked at me and I just about suren-"
"The Mojave almost make me wish for"
"Hey glad you're on-"

etc... Unless you side with the Legion, where you will ONLY here.

"Ahweh,"
"True to Caesa"
"Ahweh"

On more than one occasion this has led me to go on violent rampages slaughtering everyone ever.

I give the game an 8/10, now that all the bugs are ironed out and they are churning out good DLC. At release, only a 6/10

Offline Minimoose1441

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • *Insert snappy comeback here*
    • DeviantArt - minimoose1441
    • FurAffinity - Minimoose1441
    • SoFurry Account
  • Fursona Species: Red Wolf
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 11:21:27 pm »
I just brought (and finished) the new DLC, Old World Blues. It is easily the best DLC out there for, Im gonna go out and say, any Fallout game. It has so much humor involved and was overall fun to play. You get to bring with you whatever you want, and you can travel back there at any time you want. It has great rewards, such as the Mk II Stealth Suit, that you can do extra challenges to upgrade. If you are still not convinced, I leave you with a video. It doesnt contain any spoilers in the main storyline its self, but dont watch it if you dont want to know absolutely anything to do with the DLC. Without any further delays, I give you the toaster AI!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hc1ADnp6s
  • Site Donor

The best website ever.

Offline Zackspeedling

• The 4th Survivor
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
  • The Death cannont die...
  • Fursona Species: polar bear
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 03:20:06 am »
I currently Own both fallout 3 and Fallout NV. Imo fallout 3 was good for its story line yet fallout new Vegas was good for exploring,its map size, and its new perks. I am for some reason unable to finish fallout new Vegas. The story line just has 0 interest to me sadly I have them for the 360 if I would of known what kind of mods there are for these games I would of gotten them for the PC.