Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 777 times)

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Call of Duty: Black Ops
« on: November 12, 2010, 05:48:40 pm »
Call of Duty Black Ops is a First person shooter made by Treyarch.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is set in the year 1968. You play as Alex Mason, a Operative of  S.O.G.   

In Call of Duty Black Ops, you will have a lot of variety. You'll be at  the bay of pigs invasion, a Russian Prison, Vietnam, WWII ship, driving a boat, flying a helicopter.

GAMEPLAY
   Lets get the bad parts out first. Quick time events did grow old after doing them 50 or 60 times. The friendly AI can be down right stupid at times. If you hold down the sprint button and press the crouch button, you do a quick jump lunge at the ground.

The good parts. The enemies are smart and feel like a real opponent at times. Most of the time they take cover and don't rush. There Grenade are surprisingly accurate. There overall  good AI enemies.

I loved flying  and driving all the vehicles. I'll list all the vehicles  you can drive or fly. Russian Gunship, Huey, Car and a boat. All the vehicles moved okay but the helicopters did feel a little clunky.

This game has a crap load of guns. Ranging from a Ak-47 to a Uzi.  All the guns feel and work good.

There are 2 things that I loved about Black ops. Zombies and DOA.  Zombies was a big selling point in Call of Duty: WAW and it is even better in Black ops. DOA is an over the head shooter with zombies.

Lets talk about Gore. This game has some really neat gore in it. People's legs and arms will be taken off but bullets and explosions. In the Tunnels of Vietnam was the shining point for the gore.

STORY
    This is the most complex COD Story yet. Alex Mason wakes up in an interrogation room. He is asked about the

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »
My response to this game: Meh

Bad: Multiplayer

Call of Duty: Black Ops looked like it had potential, it was going to fix everything bad Modern Warfare 2 had, It did to some of the problems, but sadly in the end they took out some really fun things from Modern Warfare 2. The most fun thing in MW2 was sneaking around in a ghillie suit in Wasteland and watching enemies run right past you, but they took the ghillie suits and made them into a perk, and some armies don't even have a full suit.

The other thing that bugged me is the realism. Ballistic Knifes, crossbows, tomahawks, and RC CARS, WTF Treyarch? I mean you make it seem serious with "Black Operations" But really it should be Call of Duty: 60's style party fight. I mean Reflex Sights (Red Dot sights) weren't even invented until the 70's.

TL;DR: The Multiplayer was a disappointment.

Zombies:

I found it humorous playing as JFK in Zombies. The zombie mode is more challenging than in Cod: WaW, Jethro said. It like zombies because it is cooperative game mode that relies on team strength, and because they

Offline worthless

• lest we forget
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • marf
  • Fursona Species: European short hair
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 03:47:08 pm »
actually the weapons were unrealistic in fact since cod 5 they've been unreal.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria pugnadum

Offline Ruslan

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 36
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:46:55 pm »
My response to this game: Meh

Bad: Multiplayer

Call of Duty: Black Ops looked like it had potential, it was going to fix everything bad Modern Warfare 2 had, It did to some of the problems, but sadly in the end they took out some really fun things from Modern Warfare 2. The most fun thing in MW2 was sneaking around in a ghillie suit in Wasteland and watching enemies run right past you, but they took the ghillie suits and made them into a perk, and some armies don't even have a full suit.

The other thing that bugged me is the realism. Ballistic Knifes, crossbows, tomahawks, and RC CARS, WTF Treyarch? I mean you make it seem serious with "Black Operations" But really it should be Call of Duty: 60's style party fight. I mean Reflex Sights (Red Dot sights) weren't even invented until the 70's.

TL;DR: The Multiplayer was a disappointment.

I will have to beg difference here, multiplayer is what makes this game shine most.  The problem is that when Infinity Ward makes a title they have issues creating a balanced and stable multiplayer experience. Treyarch can create a balanced game, so while many were off playing MW2 I was playing WaW where skill was a much larger factor.  MW2 really suffered from its ease of exploitation and lack of balance, I decided to stop playing once I realized how to map tailor perks which made gameplay suck for everybody.  The other team is not having fun when you are running 60 and 2 on TDM for terminal just because you realized how to whore with the AT4 glitch.

In Black Ops, Treyarch has outright eliminated most anything that could be used to unduly exploit or manipulate the game outside the arena of balance, and changed existing perks to have significant effect on the game.  The maps are also highly balanced.  The weapons are now given a high degree of customization that will reward those who understand the benefits of adjusting non standard sighting and allow everybody else to have fun making cool guns. 

As for realism, nobody ever said that the multiplayer was set in the 60s, in fact the single player spans over twenty years.  Multiplayer is an alternate modern setting which has been stated numerous times.   Moreover it should be noted that US forces are permitted and sometimes do carry tomahawks into combat, further more the Russians use a serrated throwing shovel known as a sepierka which fulfills much the same role.  Those RC cars exist, fulfilling much the same role as bomb disposal bots( ever thought of clearing claymores or equipment with one?!).  Crossbows are quiet and highly lethal, their inclusion is a nod to the Rambo movies. 

Its called balanced and diversified game play in an FPS, something MW2 never fully achieved, not 60s style party fight.