Author Topic: How did you find the furry fandom?  (Read 19895 times)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: How did you "discover" the furry fandom?
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2013, 05:30:28 pm »
this is one of those "i swear i posted something about this a long time ago but it wont hurt to post again" type thread for me

For me, google. i dont remember what i was looking up (if i strangely recall, i think i was mashing in random combinations of words on my keyboard... might not be true but i think it is O.o) and then stuff happened in between me finding a furry pic to finding out FA and stuff like that. Details are too long ago to remember. Mind you, i never really considered myself as a furry until like... july (when i joined) and i searched this stuff up, YEARS in the past
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Deku64

• Archduke of Videogames
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
  • Faceroll is always an option.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
I learned about being a furry from my older brother who really introduced me into the fandom, and I would see the art he drew. He also kept saying I was a furry until I submitted to it. :fox-:P:
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
If you don't know what to do, press all the buttons and something is bound to happen.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2013, 09:45:41 pm »
I didn't really know about it until I saw that kid on tosh.o and I looked it up
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline shruikan

• :P
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
    • DeviantArt - xxShruikanxx
    • FurAffinity - xxShruikanxx
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2013, 10:34:36 am »
I learned about it about two years ago, and I loved it... I was trolling the internet when, by random chance, I came up on nautas gallery and saw how much fun he had with his furry life, and I was hooked.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:15:34 pm by Panda »
any new friends are welcome.
kik or skype me. Shruikan_the_dragon

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »
The first time I heard about it was on the news back when I was like 10. Two years later I actually saw two fursuiters (Corn Husky and Digeri Dingo) at a flea market and got a picture with em (it was on my dads old phone, he erased it when updating it  :sad-fox: ) It was during the early summer of this year that I decided to get involved. My parents were ok with it, even though they knew that the fandom has a dark side (one that I would never divulge into). There were alot of furs at Animazement, heck, there was even a Houndour (fire/dark type hellhoundish pokemon). I got a couple of pics, may share them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:03:01 pm by TehBWFerret »
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Soren Penguin

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2013, 01:07:10 am »
I had always liked penguins quite a lot (my friends at one point said I was even 'obsessed' with them  :fox-:P: ), so I had an interest in animals. Eventually, I developed an interest in anthropomorphic animals as well after surfing the web a year or two ago, and eventually I came across furries. I was keen to become part of the fandom, but really didn't do anything until quite recently.
Gone; cheers for the memories.

Offline CyanBlitz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • I'm sure if serious or not... :p
    • DeviantArt - K1337NESS
    • FurAffinity - CyanBlitz
    • Twitter - CyanBlitz
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2013, 11:32:09 pm »
I discovered the furry fandom when I signed up for Deviantart. That was a very long time ago so I don't really remember much.
~                                       \¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
                                          \.FURRY 4 LIFE! ~ \
                                           .\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
                                              \
                                            ☻/
                                            /▌
                                            / \ FURRY PRIDE METER:██████████████████████OVER9000%

Offline Wildsun

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • One does not simply walk into Mordor
    • FurAffinity - Wildsun
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »
I had no idea there was a fandom out there for anthro animals. I didnt even draw(i am terrible at drawing). Then my friend told me about furries and how they were awesome. He was the only one i knew and everyone else was telling me that it was just a fetish. I'm so happy for him showing me that everybody else was spitting awful lies. And here i am. :D

Offline Cola

• Rockin that red level
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Wusky
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
Around three or four years ago I was introduced by a kid at school who got a kick out of constantly repeating the infamous phrase, "Yiff in hell, Furfag" without knowing exactly what it ment. After hearing him repeat constantly for about a week, I decided to find out what it ment and why he wasn't getting trouble for saying it. When I looked it up on the youtubes, they first thing that caught my eye was the giant costumes of random animals, and I was instantly hooked. Ever since then I have always wanted to be a fursuiter, and I have saved up about $750 for one since then. I plan to commission a 3/4 from Don't Hug Cacti sometime after the holidays! :fox-;):

Play with me on the Playstation 3! >> ColatheWolf
Add me on Skype! >> gabe.salomon

Offline Flix

• Quit. If you're looking for me, try DA.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 39
  • Tired of being bashed.
    • DeviantArt - flix_the_fox
    • LiveJournal - flix_forever
    • Flixsuits
  • Fursona Species: Monsterdog
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2013, 06:05:56 pm »
I used to be a member on a Petz forum, and noticed the word 'Fursona' being used often. I looked it up and found my way onto a page called 'What is a Fursona?' that described it from the view of the dark side... Apparently it didn't convince me because those forum members seemed just fine. Later, a couple years back, I was researching dog costumes and found Fursuits. I discovered the fandom and have been obsessed ever since.

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:03 pm »
The first time I heard about it was on the news back when I was like 10. Two years later I actually saw two fursuiters (Corn Husky and Digeri Dingo) at a flea market and got a picture with em (it was on my dads old phone, he erased it when updating it  :sad-fox: ) It was during the early summer of this year that I decided to get involved. My parents were ok with it, even though they knew that the fandom has a dark side (one that I would never divulge into). There were alot of furs at Animazement, heck, there was even a Houndour (fire/dark type hellhoundish pokemon). I got a couple of pics, may share them.

UPDATE! Found a pic of Corn Husky!

(this is the best one I could find so  :fox-:P:)
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2013, 09:27:15 am »
I was in middle school, and one of y friends said something about Furries, so naturaly I ask "What is a furry?" And she tells me "They have sex in animal costumes, but they also try to create hybrid animals, like make a dog and cat have puppies."

I was of course, horrified, so I didn't think about Furries again until my first year of high school. It came up at lunch again, and so I asked, "Tell me about Furries." And the two dudes just looked at each other and laughed.

So I did my own research. I just kept reading everything I could find, and watched some videos on YouTube. I jus couldn't get the furry fandom out of my head. Finally, I was out one day walking around, and I texted my friend, "Hey, you know what, we're Furries." And he was like "yep"

And that's how I joined the fandom. I've been a furry since October 2010.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2013, 11:44:10 am »
hater tells you to yiff in hell, bring him with you.
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2014, 08:34:40 pm »
I found out through a friend. I knew he was a furry for a while and I sort of had an idea about what it all was. Yknow, people as animals and sometimes sexual things involved but not all the time... and I knew that some people thought it was weird. I just saw it as different. I didn't know enough about it to think much of it. He didn't talk to me much about furries, I just knew he was one. I really didn't think I was also one until years later.
But then I got a bit more interested and realized one day that it was something I might want to be a part of, something that made me happy and I was excited at the thought of making a fursuit and that's when I knew I was a furry, so I went online to do research and to create my fursona, then I came to this site :)
DΩL

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »
For me, it's hard to say. I guess I discovered it from my step-cousin first, who had a fursona and was a member of this Lion King fan art website, but I already knew what a fursona was beforehand thanks to youtube... but I was never really inspired to make one before my step-cousin showed me drawings of her fursona and whatnot. Back then my fursona was this purple cat thing, I later kept changing species and whatnot until I settled on Sharkbait the bull shark.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline ZhenraKhal (Lucas)

• Red Level
  • Candies: 12
  • May the bridges I burn light my way
    • DeviantArt - ZhenraKhal
    • FurAffinity - ZhenraKhal
    • My DeviantArt
  • Fursona Species: Skalebroniir (Draconic Humanoid)
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:02 pm »
i just stumbled into it via a few people who were (like i am now) members of both the Brony and Furry fandoms.

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
I think I've always been a furry, I just didn't know until more recently. I've always liked animal and animal-like characters. I "discovered" the fandom with the help of TESV: Skyrim. Me being the person I am absolutely HAD to be a Khajiit. Eventually, I started looking up fan art of khajiits, and took an interest in anthros. I then learned what a furry really is, and from that moment on I've had no doubt whatsoever that I'm a furry. For a while I didn't really have an interest in talking to and meeting other furs, but then I watched some con videos and since then I've wanted to be actively involved in the fandom. And so here I am :3
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Hesher the Hash Slinging Slasher

• Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • I'm just a smol gay pony
    • FurAffinity - DanniHusky
    • Twitter - neilyung2003
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2014, 06:02:10 pm »
I started to explore the internet at age 10, I joined DeviantArt, then ChickenSmoothie, and the next thing I know I have a fursona and I'm a furry :3

Offline badwolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »
I went over to my cousins house for a party, and we were sitting in his room looking at Facebook, and his stream was filled with furries. When I got home, I looked up what it was, and found that I really liked it!
"What if I don't like the color?"

Avatar by Danni! Thank you!!! :)

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • 2 rules to live by: Love anime and Stay Furry ;p
    • DeviantArt - Duvall1997
    • FurAffinity - Braz
  • Fursona Species: Fox (yellow)
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »
It was about 7 years ago when i was looking around online at memes and i came across a picture of a cartoon wolf which had what i thought was an odd sex appeal (which at first i thought was weird) but i was SO drawn to it that i looked up some more furry stuff and i fell in love with it
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist