Author Topic: How did you find the furry fandom?  (Read 20365 times)

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• That Awsome Guy You Know
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 41
    • Twitter - @Eagle_GodHeart
  • Fursona Species: wolvinix
Re: how'd you join the fandom
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2015, 03:22:38 pm »
in short i was basicly raised to be furry then when i found khajiits i started researching it and i like what i saw.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline Aeros

• Fur of Scorching Flames
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • I love games and books. Make sense? Lol
  • Fursona Species: Golden tabby
Re: How did you find the furry fandom?
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2015, 04:45:34 pm »
Great story. The short version is that a girl on the swim team told me about it and said I would make a great furry. I disagreed at first. Now, I'm Fur-Fantastic!
  • Pronouns: He/she/him/her
"It says: Shadowhunters: looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234."
-Jace Herondale

Offline McGeekster

• Dancing in the rain~~~
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • The rest is still unwritten
  • Fursona Species: New England Rabbit
Re: how'd you join the fandom
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2015, 06:38:48 pm »
I've been an avid member of the (horribly small :sad-fox:) Redwall fandom for ages, and I found furries through that a while back. I didn't really "join" the fandom until fairly recently though.
"Let dance become an extension of your soul. Every time you dance, this extra part of you evolves into something even more beautiful. Share this beauty with the world. That is the purpose of a dancer."
-Anonymous

Offline CelerenTheFox

• Fluffy Fluff Ball
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
My older brother is a furry hater, he complained about how we are creepy and want to *ahem* every animal they see. Not the best first impression of the fandom but I'm here now and that's good :lol-fox:
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »
There was this dude on Instagram who followed me, then later he changed his account into a cartoon fox fursona account. I didn't really thing he was weird, because what was so wrong about liking cartoon animals? I noticed tons of other people had these kinds of characters. I learned it was called "furry". I thought "ok, that's cool." Then I forgot about it.
What REALLY got me hooked was the whole fursuit thing. Found it while searching Yahoo Answers and I thought "Furries get costumes of their characters? That's sounds awesome! I wanna be one!" so I created a fursona and here we are.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Lucky7wolf

• Space Wolf
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • Forever has a 7.
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
So How'd You Know About The Furry Fandom?
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »
So anyways, how did everyone learn about the furry fandom?

One day, I was randomly googling, and I stumbled on a furry artwork. I thought it looked cool, so I clicked on it and learned it was a type of artwork know as furry. I then found furrafinity, and through looking at some nice artwork, I have found more about the fandom. I eventually learned about fursonas, how they worked, and fursuiting, and I thought it looked cool. Then I somehow eventually ended up on this site, and decided to start trying to draw.
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His
Tasty old candy cane!
Skype @ luckywolfx7 if you want.
Maybe I'm these flags?
Thanks to the wonderful Zagan for the icon!

Offline S o m e w o l f

• Synthwave > Vaporwave
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • ^ Not a Rick Roll ^
    • Website for websitey things
Re: So How'd You Know About The Furry Fandom?
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2016, 07:03:17 pm »
I found out about it via my friends about a year ago. Sadly, it was not in a positive manner, as they were talking about how much they disliked it, and how disgusting it was. I had asked what it was, and they immediately gave what I see now as the worst explanation possible. I wasn't disgusted by the idea, and as months passed i found myself thinking about it more and more. I eventually fell into it, reading the wikis and dictionaries. That lead me to here.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Lucky7wolf

• Space Wolf
  • Red Level
  • Forever has a 7.
« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2016, 07:12:27 pm »
I found out about it via my friends about a year ago. Sadly, it was not in a positive manner, as they were talking about how much they disliked it, and how disgusting it was. I had asked what it was, and they immediately gave what I see now as the worst explanation possible. I wasn't disgusted by the idea, and as months passed i found myself thinking about it more and more. I eventually fell into it, reading the wikis and dictionaries. That lead me to here.
That reminds me, a friend of mine made a joke about the furries once (negative of course), but I'm kind of convinced she is one.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Tasty old candy cane!
Maybe I'm these flags?

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2016, 07:22:53 pm »
I found the fandom through animations back when I was in third grade, I think. I saw a bunch of videos of fursuit dancers and I really liked Telephone. Though, I didn't actually say I was a part of the fandom until this year, even though I had a fursona for a while.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline S o m e w o l f

• Synthwave > Vaporwave
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • ^ Not a Rick Roll ^
    • Website for websitey things
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
That reminds me, a friend of mine made a joke about the furries once (negative of course), but I'm kind of convinced she is one.
All my friends just love to talk negative about furries. Their claims are completely irrational, but I can't correct them without making it seem like I'm one.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Lucky7wolf

• Space Wolf
  • Red Level
  • Forever has a 7.
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2016, 09:46:22 pm »
All my friends just love to talk negative about furries. Their claims are completely irrational, but I can't correct them without making it seem like I'm one.
You have to admit, some of the negative feedback is just ridiculous. Sometimes i almost burst out laughing when i hear.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Tasty old candy cane!
Maybe I'm these flags?

Offline ichta

• it´s a hard knock life...
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • ...for me
  • Fursona Species: Dragon, manokit
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »
we have allways had animals at home so i guess ive allways been a fur but i didnt know until a few years ago when i realised that it was a thing
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
to do something you have to belive in it.
if you dont belive in it, think that you will fall down and break your legs, then don't do it

~zlatan ibrahimovic

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2017, 10:54:22 pm »
TBH, it was actually at complete random. I knew I liked such things liked anthro games and the related, but I didn't discover the fandom until I clicked random article on Wikipedia and got "Furry Fandom".
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2017, 08:53:43 pm »
I've always liked anthro characters, but kind of kept away from them because I thought the fandom was supposed to be gross or something. I also cared a lot about what people thought of me a couple years ago, so I didn't want to associate myself with anything that got a bad rep like furries. However, it was my friend sending me furry "cringe" memes that actually got me curious.

I did a bit of research because I was morbidly curious why people hated them so much, and found out that most of the fandom was actually really cool. I spent several months just watching furry youtubers or looking at cool characters, and eventually I ended up here, a place to actually be active.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Online festive avery

• "FT's local goth sloth" - Foxi 2K17
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 70
  • happy holidays ♥♥
    • DeviantArt - inkedspace
    • FurAffinity - inkedspace
    • Twitter - gothslof
  • Fursona Species: three-toed sloth
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2017, 06:33:24 am »
1 word: IMVU.

When I was too young to understand anything. I basically just liked the furry avatars and start associating with them.
Terrible times. But hey, I'm here now.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: they/them/their or he/him/his

Offline Graham

• 50% moth, 50% man
  • Cookies: 73
  • 100% boyfriend material
  • Fursona Species: Death's Head Moth
« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:14 pm »
I first heard about it on deviantArt in 2010. I admired it from a distance, but didn't really get involved until 2014, when Vine was big.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

dancer, amateur writer, and destroyer of West Virginia bridges
Avatar by tsukiko26 & Signature Icon by zerlc