Author Topic: what is the most dangerous thing you've ever done?  (Read 10506 times)

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
Re: what is the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 06:56:38 am »
Me and some friends went into an abandoned (and unstable) archeological tunnel once; it caved in the next day.
What was your reaction when you hear about it caving in?

We went very silent for a moment, then swore to never tell our parents...And we never walked into any these tunnels again, even though we found several more. We started climbing electric poles instead.
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »
Play around with a sharp, very sharp, knife. Or playing with matches in a wooden cabin....
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 10:31:31 pm »
Tell a friend I was gay. The next day I was so paranoid, I almost didn't go to school.

Offline Scix

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Horse
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 10:54:09 pm »
Probably climb on exposed roots over a 20 foot cliff. One gave way, and I fell, but managed to wrap my face around a rock and not fall all the way.
Probably a good thing too, since it was 10 miles from our car, and 30 to the nearest "town". And about a 30 minute helicopter ride to the closest hospital.
Yellow level, yay!
Gamertag: Telesyntetikas
Second Life: Scix Azov
Steam: sk501

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 01:28:13 am »
I didn't ask my parents for details about where to turn in a river while tubing.
I ended up almost drowning. The police got some other people to help us, which is ironic because the people that got us weren't obligated to do so.
But don't worry, my friend and I stood on top of a rock in the middle of the rapids and waited patiently as an oncoming storm approached us (thunder, lighting, rain, the whole cracker jack). While this was happening some people on a cliff, so courteously instead of calling 911 decided to stand and wave at us. I started singing "Don't stop Believin'" as a way to keep myself sane.

We got out fine. The cop that was talking to my parents decided to tell us that he didn't feel like coming in to get us. My respect for cops (for a teenager, are still pretty high) lowered after he said that.

Moral of the story - You should probably ask your parents for important details before doing anything dangerous.
[placeholder]

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:49 am »
I've done a lot of stupid stuff (underage stuff, mostly) but bouncing on a trampoline in this weather is the most stupid recent one C:
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Kontrol

• Anime-Lover, G33k, and Gamer...
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Script. Sleep. Anime. Repeat.
    • FurAffinity - Kontrol
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 10:40:23 am »
Mess up some measurements on a 2-liter dry ice rocket I made.  The result was a high pressured dud.  I decided to pick it up after the 5-8 minutes of it not doing anything and it exploded in my face leaving scars all across my arms and deafened me for a few hours.

Since that day I have a small fear of highly pressurized containers larger then a 2 liter bottle...
Second Life Name:  Kontrol Forsythe
Xbox 360 GT:  FT Control Core
Runescape: Kontrol Keal
Odds that I am bored right now:  83%(Actual number)
If I make alot of grammar mistakes don't shoot me. I am probably using a phone or kindle with a bad key pad...

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 11:20:09 am »
Not quite as dangerous as my original "nearly got electrocuted" post, but I just remembered that when my friends and I were younger we used to dick about with fireworks.

One game in particular was to light a mini-rocket and just throw it into the air. Another was to get a length of tubing and launch them at each other like bazookas.

Another, though not fireworks, was to collect a load of disposable butane cigarette lighters and throw them onto a BBQ, then run as they exploded with metal and plastic shrapnel flying everywhere.

Damn we were dumb as kids.

Offline Acrisuis

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 22
  • SOMEONE needs to love insects....
    • DeviantArt - Pocket-fulla-shells
  • Fursona Species: Insect thing
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 07:35:39 am »
I remember one time I climbed REALLY high in a tree. and that was it. Falling would have resulted in serious injury, most likely

Offline furryfox

• brown fox
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • this is who i am
  • Fursona Species: brown fox
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:01 am »
well...... one time i was really bored and then I played with a black widow. I didn't piss it off but I held it and let it crawl on my arm and all that good stuff, lol, don't judge me I was really bored. :fox-;):
i am fox in soul and heart but am trapped in the human form
foxes are the awsomest animal ever!!! :fox-:):

Offline Kit

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Blue Jay
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:55 am »
Probably once when I went swimming on the beach, when I was younger. My foot got tangled up in a bunch of old fishing line, and essentially it tripped me onto my back, just below the water, and I was basically stuck there for a few minutes. I remember it being pretty hard to breathe, though my head popped up a few times, but someone who had been nearby undid the fishing line and I haven't been back in those waters since.

Offline Noi Strùkk

• Vuurstokje
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • I dream instead of try.
    • FurAffinity - Noistrukk
    • Twitter - Noistrukk
    • Noi's Candy Store
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »
Erm. i guess climbing stuff in many ways, like with my hands tied on my back. and i lost my grip nd nearly fell, luckily the rope broke and i could keep myself from falling about 30ft. not that spectacular but my heart wast pounding on overdrive then xD

~  I love photography  ~

Offline Twist

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »
When I was about ten (when I knew nothing about anything) my mom told me to start the car so I went into the garage and started the car like she told me to and I was waiting for her. I did not realize that cars emit toxic fumes and I was standing in a garage for about 8 minutes with the garage door closed! Luckily she came to me in time... we had to have a talk afterwards heheh...

Offline ArtiLove

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Oh lo lo do I love you.
    • Twitter - SuperArtiLove
  • Fursona Species: Arctic River Otter
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 02:44:10 am »
Well, as a child I use to love riding ATVs but one night when I was 8 my father had me and my older brother with him on the main road, it was very late and my father was drunk while driving.  Well my father hit a truck, and I flung over 40 feet and landed on my face.  Luckily I had fallen asleep on the back and didn't feel the impact right away, but then the truck kept coming after it hit my dad, and I was almost creamed on the spot, but luckily the drunk man driving the truck swerved right in time.  I have never rode an open vehicle ever since.  I am just too afraid now.  :(
Remember that smile, the one you wore with such beauty and grace?  Where has it gone?  What has happened to put you in this miserable, lonely place?  Smile for me, even it may be the last time I see.  A picture I will take not for myself, no. A picture for the entire world to embrace the happiness you once shared with me.  Just smile...

Offline N-Dash-A

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • (>o.o)> - <(o.o<) - (>o.o)> - <(o.o<)  Dancing.
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »
Just the other day my friend and I ran across a really busy highway.
it was kind of terrifying.

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »
I drove a golf cart into a tree when I was 10. I was looking over to the side because my grandparent's dog was riding shotgun and I wanted to make sure he wasn't falling out. No one was hurt, but I did crack the windscreen.

Offline RymdSegel

• ◕‿‿◕
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • No boost
    • Twitter - RymdSegel
  • Fursona Species: Feline
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 06:15:03 pm »
This winter(=snow=awesome driving possibilities :thumright:) when I drove our ATV, my slide out of a corner was a bit wide and I decided to make it spin around because I realized I wasn't able to straighten it up. There was a car behind but I didn't know about it so I spun the ATV and saw the car when I was backwards and then it passed me an half meter from me, at 30mph.

I guess the guy in the car behind me saw that I was going to spin around so he was able to avoid me.
Sometimes the fake can be more real than the real.

Offline Alec

• The Furry Retrogamer
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
    • DeviantArt - AlecHusky
    • FurAffinity - AlecHusky
    • The Game Freak Network
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »
I suffocated myself with 18 years worth of collected nostalgia.  Cutting it all down now on the basis of "When I get my own place after college, am I really bringing this with me?"  95% of it is going :D

Offline Cole

• The one with the gun.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • Icon by Sparrow
    • FurAffinity - thefraiser
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Wolf
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 08:45:29 pm »
me and my friend played "see who can hold onto the electric fence longest!" needless to say, it hurt. and this fence was a fairly powerful one too.

and i once ran across the driving range at the golf course. i got hit twice. they hurt like hell!
I return from the dead like Lazarus... just without the wrappings and rotting flesh. Not cool.

Offline Tempo

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
    • DeviantArt - Sytren
    • FurAffinity - UrsydeCaffe
  • Fursona Species: Kamchatka Bear
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 05:04:04 am »
I ran on the train tracks as there was a train behind me. I was so lucky I didnt trip when I went back up the sidewalk.

All this for a book I forgot in a mall.
"If you're afraid to fall you fall because you're afraid, everything is choice" - Daniel Ilabaca