Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 965 times)

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
Tron Legacy
« on: December 19, 2010, 02:03:54 pm »
So I went to see this movie on Friday night and thought it was really awesome. I loved the Daft Punk score, and the 3D was extremely breathtaking when they were in the computer world. As awesome as it was, I still don't think it can beat the original Tron because that movie is what gave this movie it's life. I give it an 8/10.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
Re: Tron Legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:22:38 pm »
I agree - The score alone is worth it.
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:15:00 am »
That's not a terribly long review, could you go more in depth about it? (imo a sentence isnt a review :) ) I would love to hear your full opinion about it.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:30 am »
Even though Daft Punk really made my day (and the ticked is worth just seeing them in silly digital outfits), the movie really deserves a longer review. Tron impressed me from the beginning with a perfect cinematography; the camera is so smooth and shows difficult angles with the unnatural ease that only an Imax has; the 3d was on the level of Avatar, and later went beyond it. The transition to the grid was a little disappointing (the traditional laser
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:15 am »
Even though Daft Punk really made my day (and the ticked is worth just seeing them in silly digital outfits), the movie really deserves a longer review. Tron impressed me from the beginning with a perfect cinematography; the camera is so smooth and shows difficult angles with the unnatural ease that only an Imax has; the 3d was on the level of Avatar, and later went beyond it. The transition to the grid was a little disappointing (the traditional laser
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Jason

• gay all the way (or in my case just bi)
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • hmmmm....to be a furry or not to be....hmmmm
    • DeviantArt - Jasonfortheworld
    • FurAffinity - Jasonfortheworld
  • Fursona Species: Arctic fox/fox
Tron legacy
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 01:04:33 pm »
Ok so you may have seen the original torn or not but ether what the worst thing from most of the review I have read about this movie is that it's a remake.  IT's NOT!!!!!!!   First of all I loved the first movie but and this next one was great but it can't mach up to the original.  The visuals were great (maby beter than avatars) and acting was ok but story line was predictable through it all.

Tell me what you think and what you think was good about the movie 
Remember that time with that thing when it ran to that place that was in that city and then exploded.  There was also that time when the other guy with that birth mark who killed that one but the other day when that thing happened to that person.

do you remember?
if you do kudos

Offline Sanguine

• Advocate of Male Lingerie
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Everyone needs a tail for a pillow.
    • FurAffinity - sanguine_reyna
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:12 am »
I have to say I did second-guess the movie a few times, but I tend to do that a lot these days  :fox-:P:
My favourite thing about the new Tron movie is how all the old vehicles have had new life breathed into them. The recognizers look amazing, and the way the light cycles and fliers form out of light beams from the bar was an awesome ffect. And Clu's carrier at the end looked spectacular, what with the ships and tanks in it as well.

So overall I'd say the world of Tron looks far better in this new movie, how i felt it *should* look, as CGI of the time couldn't quite capture it in the original.
That said, the storyline of the original Tron was far better, and the movies namesake played a much bigger role there than in this one, where he didn't do an awful lot.

I'd certainly rate it at least 7/10
"Inside this room, all of my dreams become reality, and some of my realities become dreams."

Offline Mamilius

• ...chances are that someone out there needs some. :3
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • always be kinder than necessary...
  • Fursona Species: Grey tabby
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 01:25:50 pm »
Still, I was surprised that the movie doesn
We are what we become through our actions.

Offline Julian Summers (Kin)

• Depressed Femboy Wolf
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • Femboy Wolf <3
    • DeviantArt - KinTheAlbinoLucario
    • FurAffinity - juliansummers
  • Fursona Species: Black Wolf
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:42:30 pm »
I watched both the original and then Legacy right after it, so i could see how each is different.

Truthfully, I enjoyed both of them a lot, and I would recommend both, but I would have to say that Legacy took the top for me, with its awesome graphics and storyline.
No internet. wont be on for a while.

Offline Kit

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Blue Jay
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
I really enjoyed Tron, generally for the special effects and the CGI animation that went into it. The effect with Clu and Jeff Bridges was pretty neat too, though I wonder what it's like for the actor to see a computerized version of himself, just younger? Has to be weird on some level, I'd imagine. The story to Tron is pretty simple, but it can relate to the real world in many, many different ways (Such as the character Clu can be linked to many infamous historical figures, many current dictators and rulers, and the story itself spoke out against the concept of creating a perceived "perfect society" because in doing so, it becomes just as imperfect as it had been, but with no ability to actually improve anything). The plot, despite being simple enough for younger kids to comprehend, can be thought more about and expounded upon by an individual's own perception of things. Some people would say I may be looking too deep into it, but I find it rather fun to just dig a bit deeper than perhaps the writers expected to create a meaning out of a movie aimed at the general PG audience that's a bit more complex than "hurting others is bad."

I did love the special effects, and I know I stated that, but the way things were done were really neat. Particularly, I enjoyed how the lightcycles, fliers and such vehicles were animated when they were activated. Sort of reminded me of what blueprints to it would look like, and then those blueprints take on a life of their own and become usable vehicles. It was a really cool movie, basically.

Admittedly, though, I found the end line with Tron himself ("I fight... for the USERS!") a bit overly cliche and unneeded at the point when he said it. I sort of wish his character was shown more, as he's basically a robotic, ninja body-guard thing throughout the majority of the movie. I think that's where the movie was particularly weak, with the character Tron.