Author Topic: Dream job?  (Read 15380 times)

Offline D

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 28
Dream job?
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:20:50 pm »
The title says it all really, what do you want to do ideally
Make sure to outline why you want to do it!

Here's mine: my dream job is working in either the fields of astronomy or particle physics, polar opposites in terms of size. But I've always been consumed with these questions, "what are we made of?" and "what in the bloody hellfiresandwich is out there?", I yearn to explore and discover. And this chasm of the unknown seems perfect for me. Both feilds are just so interesting for me, and I'll do anything to learn more. And all of this uncertainty just gives me the fuzzies!

Et tu? (and you?)

Offline Sheebs

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • and now for my disappearing act...
  • Fursona Species: Indigo Bunting
Re: Dream job?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:05 pm »
Mine:
Sitting back in a fluffy chair, watching t.v. maybe some old cartoon network or nick cartoons.
  • Pride Flag - transgender

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:34 pm »
Making a living off my music.  Other than that I'm not too picky, since I understand how insanely difficult it is to actually make a living being a musician.
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually

Offline Kelly

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: husky
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:15:53 pm »
I want to be a librarian. Here in Bulgaria you don't need an M.A. in  library science to work that; It's quiet, full of books , and is generally non-stressful. (compared to computer programming, which my parents want me to do, but i simply can't) Plus, I have a library in mind and i love the staff there. But this is a dream for now...
Watch "Missing Lynx"

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »
Working at Bungie.

Bungie is just one of the best video game companies ever.

Offline Ruslan

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 36
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:39 pm »
Working at Bungie.

Bungie is just one of the best video game companies ever.

Bungie has excellent dental coverage omg!  This my dream job, though more likely I will end up at Pixar.

Fallback is politics  :lol-fox:

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 11:58:55 pm »
Cartoonist

I want to create comics, characters, and worlds. And mayby one day work along side some of my favorite cartoonist I look up to.

Time Traveler

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:00:52 am by Battery »
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Teemo

• Size doesn't mean everything you know!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
  • Fursona Species: Yordle
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:27:51 am »
US Air Force Pilot.
Only reason I'm not bothering with it is I have a huge authority problems.
♠♣Never underestimate the power of the scouts code♦♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTs0xdeMRDI
Though he is known as the Swift Scout, it is clear that Teemo is actually something else - the unrepentant assassin of Bandle City

Offline Infinite The Explorer

• You may call me, ∞.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • The last thing you'll never see
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Chrono-Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:53 am »
I have three really:
1. To be an AstroEngineer, working on the concept of interplanetary shuttles, or the actual buildings and systems to inhabit another planet.  Space has always interested me, being the final frontier and all, so i'd really like to work with it.

2.  To be an Astronaut.  I've wanted to go to space ever since I could walk and talk.  Exploring is something I love to do, and as far as space goes, really nobody has been there.

3.  To inherit my father's company.  My father runs a very successful company, and he has told me that if I want it, he'll give it to me when he retires.  But that means giving up my other two jobs.  But this one pays so greatly.  Choices Choices.
  • Site Donor

Offline D

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:43 am »
Infinite, exploring the final frontier are we? Astro engineer does sound very awesome, and space has always appealed to me!

Offline Dingo

• #Hashtags
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • Ruff! <3
    • FurAffinity - okamiix
    • Twitter - @DingoFTW
    • my furrafinity page
  • Fursona Species: wusky :) wolf/husky
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 09:15:11 am »
if i ever start my racing career again, i would like to see if toyota would still take me on in their young drivers program, i could of actually been in F1, so i would love to try and make it second time around

other than that i want to help animals, have my own animal shelter somewhere and australia, i'd also like to help fight for animal rights, personally i'd love to help end the korean dog meat trade more than anything else

oh yeah, and be the first person to have proof that tasmanian tigers still exist, they've been officially extinct since 1936, so finding one after this long would be pretty cool, and make me famous :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:16:58 am by Dingo »

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 01:14:32 pm »
 Poet Laureate of the United States. Basically, the official "poem-writer" for the country, or the person whose poetry represents the country's art style on an international scale. It's not a permanent position, since it is a form of political office, and the pay is normally used as a subsidiary to a writing career, but there's plenty of acclaim to be had. In the meantime, I'd really just like to get a job as a writer somewhere. I'm going to major in Journalism in college, but I wouldn't want to do that forever. I'd really like to be an author, or write for a TV; a cartoon or sitcom, if I had my choice. If I could even go so far as to somehow make a living off writing for a webcomic, that'd be great too. Although that one seems unlikely, because I'd need a really good art slave artist.
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »
A musician. Failing that, /something/ to do with music. I don't have the motivation otherwise.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »
DETECTIVE! 8D
I even have a plan to get a Criminal Justice degree soon as I can. Location, tuition, I have everything planned out. :)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Kontrol

• Anime-Lover, G33k, and Gamer...
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Script. Sleep. Anime. Repeat.
    • FurAffinity - Kontrol
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:42 pm »
A computer programmer at Google in the field of networking and communications.  Google is THE BEST place to work for any programmer.

I toured there and got free t-shirts and pie AND sushi juts for knowing some people there.
Second Life Name:  Kontrol Forsythe
Xbox 360 GT:  FT Control Core
Runescape: Kontrol Keal
Odds that I am bored right now:  83%(Actual number)
If I make alot of grammar mistakes don't shoot me. I am probably using a phone or kindle with a bad key pad...

Offline Sheebs

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • and now for my disappearing act...
  • Fursona Species: Indigo Bunting
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:26 pm »
Actually now that I think about it... Just sitting around doing nothing, not really making anything of my life is wrong and boring. I want to fulfill what I think is my childhood dream and be a traveling person... Kind of like someone that goes on adventures... But doesn't do it for th gold (although, money would be nice.) then write a book and tell stories to children... Replacing my name with somw fictional character.
  • Pride Flag - transgender

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »
Dream job? Well, if it is a dream then I wouldn't have a job! I would get free money! x3

Dream job: Make epic games/cartoons/music!

Real job "ambition":
I want to be a Web Designer including/or  designing and creating digital graphics and Flash applications etc. Possibly Flash games. It's what I'm doing at college so hopefully I'll manage to get something in the Interactive Media Industry. :3
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:43:39 pm by Mik »

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:27 pm »
IT security. Hopefully cloud security.

I like going places that I'm not supposed to go. I computers and the internet as a completely new world with just about everything that the real world has, if not more. In cloud security I would be hacking into my own company's systems and securing them from the method I just used. I can explore, look at, modify, and make real the digital world and get payed for it.

If not security, I would then choose development.

As I stated earlier, the computer to me is a whole new, digital world that I take interest in. Development being programming would allow me to express my ability to create in this new world similar to a construction worker with just a few keystrokes (okay, maybe not just a few, but you get the picture).

Lastly, if I for some reason decide not to take interest in computers (which is really unlikely) I would go into psychology.
I like the idea of making people happy whether it be due to a bad or loss of a relationship, death in family, family problems, or otherwise. I just like to make people happy.

Now on to if the economy crashes and I can't get into college.
Should this happen, I have a plan to get a good amount of money, but it is illegal and is complicated. I'll give you a hint on what it is, it's one of my planned jobs, but looking in the other direction.
[placeholder]

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 09:33:48 pm »
My dream job is to be a professional Drifter, that motorsport in Japan that is becoming more popular here in the US. I'm a gearhead, what do you expect? Well if I cant drift then i'd like to be a World Rally Championships driver for Subaru or Mitsubishi.
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 07:10:13 pm »
Ruler of the known world Something in Illustration.