Author Topic: - True Grit -  (Read 498 times)

Offline Ruslan

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 36
- True Grit -
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »
Mattie Ross is young, only fourteen, but she is easily the ablest hand in her family after the murder of her father by the cowardly Tom Chaney.  She finds herself in Arkansas to tend to her father's business ends and return home.  The matter is, Chaney has cut and run and now Ms. Ross has made it her business to see him dead.  Soon she enlists the meanest marshal in town, a man named Rooster Cogburn, and after a verbal altercation and the promise of money, Rooster is convinced to hunt down Chaney.  Ms. Ross, despite protest and mockery decides to ride along.

The journey will see many bodies, a Texas ranger with a quick mouth, and the wasting of provisions in a marksman's proverbial pissing contest among other things.  Jeff Bridges, Hailee Steinfeld and Matt Damon(yes even Matt Damon...)  pull of something spectacular in the Coen brothers rendition of the classic western tale, a damned good story with humour blacker than coal.  Cinematography is excellent and helps convey the storyteller feel, particularly at a meeting in snowy woods with a bearskin clad doctor.  There are no mass cavalry charges or natives circling a wagon train, no dynamite blasts or saloon shootouts, only the story of a young girl, old marshal, and a quick ranger whom all display in one way or another that each possesses true grit. 

9 abused native children out of 10.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:42:46 pm by Ruslan »

Offline Arran

• Siberski
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • Absolutely satisfactory!
    • DeviantArt - Arranyan
    • FurAffinity - Aranyan
  • Fursona Species: Canis lupus familiaris (Siberian Husky)
Re: - True Grit -
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »
I was supposed to see this movie today but couldn't because of WAY too much snow. It sounds interesting.

Offline bluewaffle

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
Re: - True Grit -
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:10 pm »
Just recently saw this movie and I loved every minute of it. The only thing I could think after seeing this movie is why don't I watch more westerns.