Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare  (Read 1644 times)

Offline TallWolf

• Furry Awareness! :P
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • I like metal n stuff. Say NO to Justin Bieber
    • FurAffinity - TheTallWolf
  • Fursona Species: Jumbo sized Wolf
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:40:44 pm »
When i first seen the trailer, i knew i had to get it.
It starts off with John Marston sleeping in bed when the old man comes in covered in blood and eats a chunk out of his wife and he is forced to kill him and his son and wife are now zombies, so he ties them up and locks the house, and leaves, hoping there is some sort of cure. He goes to town and everyone's zombies. So you have to make the town safe by killing all the undead. Afterward, you go to Seth's and he suggests to cleanse some graveyards. After battling untold amounts of zombies, doing favors for strangers and such. You hear rumors that it is better down in Mexico, so you steal or gain an army outfit, depending if you helped a group of soldiers or just found it and left. Either way you board a train and discover its WORSE than up north. So you help out a nun and bring her a nearby undead and experiments on it. Meantime she asks you to cleanse a graveyard. After that she says you need to look for Presidento Reyes. You arrive and he is a walking dead. You put him down and go into an underground tunnel, battling undead in order to return a mask to an alter, which by the way started the dead to rise. After killing zombies you return the mask and the woman reveals herself to be a mayan goddess and vanishes. You return home, everything back to normal. A few months later, Seth steals the mask and you too are part of the undead and that is the end of the storyline. Gameplay: basically you protect towns, get better weapons to fight with, and help survivors and of course, kill much undead as you please. There are also mythic creatures like sasquatches, four horses of the apocalypse, a unicorn, and a chupacabra. Final Rating: 5/5 or 10/10
okay, i'm done

Offline Alexei

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Who else but Mango?
    • DeviantArt - Mars261
    • FurAffinity - AlexeiCheetah
  • Fursona Species: Cheetah/Fox
Re: Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »
BEST GAME EVER!
BEST DLC EVER!
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."
-Muhammed Ali

Offline Oren Northpaw

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
    • DeviantArt - Oren-Northpaw
    • FurAffinity - Oren-Northpaw
  • Fursona Species: Sea Otter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:51:54 am »
I found this game really fun also. The only thing I didn't like was the primitive movement style, but after the first hour of playing you don't even notice the horrible movement controls.
Online-Mode: Undead Overrun

The best way to describe it is Nazi Zombies from cod, but you have a whole graveyard to run around instead of a house. You have the ability to climb onto some buildings or just run around trying not to die. There are different types of zombies also. The common infected, the crawlers (feral-running style, fast moving), chargers (fat zombies that knock you down to get pummeled by other infected), and spiters (shoots a ball of goo, basically used to kill you if you are standing on a building). There are waves of infected were every infected killed increases the bar for the current wave to end. At the beginning of the wave, a coffin appears. The coffin can be opened for ammo and special items like holy water and undead bait. The overall play of the mode is really good, however just like all online games, you occasionally get the beginners who don't know how to play or the jerks who just want to kill the team anyway they can. This game is definitely worth the $30 when most games of this caliber would go for $60. I give it a 9.75/10 just cause the horrid movement.

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:21:29 am »
I'm sure it's a good game, I just hate the idea of it. To me, Red Dead was a proper world with real people and atmosphere that I fell in love with....you add zombies to that and it seems like it'd destroy it.

To me, it'd be like adding zombies to Dr Zhivago...

Offline EKG

• I want to kiss your eyelids
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • and corrupt your dreams
    • DeviantArt - Kleinflammenwerfer
    • FurAffinity - Kleinflammenwerfer
    • killcurl
  • Fursona Species: Nurse Succubus
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:07:36 pm »
I'm sure it's a good game, I just hate the idea of it. To me, Red Dead was a proper world with real people and atmosphere that I fell in love with....you add zombies to that and it seems like it'd destroy it.

Sort of like Nazi Zombies? xD

Actually, I found it particularly charming. The actual cut scenes provide plot and are downright creepy.

It meshes well with the character of Seth in particular. I wish the actual objectives were more creative and involved less than killing, but I suppose in a post-apocalyptic nightmare these things are to be expected.

Overall, I love both the game and the DLC. They're just slick looking, fun to play, and interesting as well. They leave you with something and most games don't. It's an awesomely creative project.
You are my only luxury item
Anyone try to steal you, I'll fight them
Let's go play some hide and seek
I know you are a little freak
You look like a playground to me, playa

Offline Captain Corgicakes

• Green Level
  • Candies: 30
  • My jimmies...
    • FurAffinity - Blitz.Hawkeye
    • Twitter - mrcorgicakes
  • Fursona Species: Jackalope
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
I watched my friend play it for a little while, and it looks pretty good!  My all-time favorite game is still CoD, but it looks okay!
  • Pronouns: He, him, his

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 10:52:09 am »

It's set during the Russian Civil War, so they'd be Communist Zombies rather than Nazis....there was no Nazi party during the majority of the books narrative.

I know you were joking but I'm a massive pedant :D

Offline EKG

• I want to kiss your eyelids
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • and corrupt your dreams
    • DeviantArt - Kleinflammenwerfer
    • FurAffinity - Kleinflammenwerfer
    • killcurl
  • Fursona Species: Nurse Succubus
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »

It's set during the Russian Civil War, so they'd be Communist Zombies rather than Nazis....there was no Nazi party during the majority of the books narrative.

I know you were joking but I'm a massive pedant :D

I was commenting on the complete insanity of Nazi Zombies....and how they're just as odd of a pair.

The only way I could see RUSSIAN zombies would be with Rasputin being the only one of them, lol. ;D

But he's not a communist. That's pre-Bolshevik.

(SEE I CAN DO HISTORY TOO)
You are my only luxury item
Anyone try to steal you, I'll fight them
Let's go play some hide and seek
I know you are a little freak
You look like a playground to me, playa

Offline Captain Corgicakes

• Green Level
  • Candies: 30
  • My jimmies...
    • FurAffinity - Blitz.Hawkeye
    • Twitter - mrcorgicakes
  • Fursona Species: Jackalope
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:26 pm »
Slightly off-topic, but Hitler became the leader of the Nazi party on the day of my birthday!!!

I'm gonna buy this game since everyone is telling me how awesome it is!
  • Pronouns: He, him, his