Author Topic: Sparkle Dogs? Yay or Nay?  (Read 11445 times)

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
Re: Re: Re: Unpopular Opinions?
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2015, 06:39:25 pm »
tbh, wolves aren't that cool. They're easy to draw, sure, but I don't understand the apparently huge appeal beyond that.

same
maybe it's just a bandwagon thing??? idk
wolves are cool animals, but it baffles me that sooo many people collectively think they're amazing enough to actually like, represent them in an artistic way? why??? idk to each their own but i really don't see the appeal either. i'd understand if a smaller portion of the furry fandom used them as their sona's species but like yeah. it's the majority of the fandom
speaking of which, i think it's ironic how so many ppl in the fandom say "my fursona is a lone wolf"
in the wild wolves need to survive in packs and usually, lone wolves die.
^This and that fact that a lot of people still put themselves in roles like alpha, beta, omega, etc. when wild wolf packs don't have roles.
I still love wolves, but haven't made a wolf character in awhile. There so many of them that having a wolf character just lost its charm.
A lot of people I've met outside this site with wolf sonas are kinda stuck up (wolf ppl here are all good and friendly) but like I was invited to a group chat with my best friend and they ranked me like the lowest and called themselves "Bloodmoon furry pack" they were all "demons in wolf bodies" and they could regenerate limbs. Those are the worst people I have met tbh. A lot of gray wolf sonas look similar to each other and I'm surprised people don't attack each other because of how similar they look to each other. This is why I'm gonna stick with a ferret I don't wanna be invited to more "furry packs"
Believe me, a lot of people get worked up over similar-looking characters. Some of them might be founded, but it's usually just a coincidence, especially when it comes to wolves. And then there's the opposite, when people make their characters too original.
I really hate it when people feel the need to add a surplus of appendages to make their character unique. Pair of wings? A little overdone, but it's fine. Horns? Cool with me. Tentacles? Uh, alright, your character. All of the above x10 plus neon rainbow colors on black? Woah buddy you might wanna slow down there
Bless
I've only seen neon rainbow colors/a bunch of colors work on a few fursonas. Your trying to hard when your throwing up a bunch of colors on a fursonas. Not like if you have three or four different colors more like if you look like a frocking rainbow with a bunch of crap on it lmao.
You cannot stop the sparkle dogs!  :lol-fox:
I don't think there is anything wrong with sparkledogs. If someone wants rainbow and neon, accessories, wings, and five tails, they should go for it. It's their character. Sure it may be a little ugly to some people but it's not like it's hurting anyone. It's just an outlet for the creator to have some fun with!
Sparkledog's popularity has really dropped since people are too afraid of the backlash that comes with making one which is kinda stupid. At least from what I've seen.
  • Pronouns: She/Her

Offline Klovarka

• Lord of quirkiness
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • fluffy doge, ah touché
    • DeviantArt - Klovarka
  • Fursona Species: Doggie (g-shep+corgi)
Re: Re: Re: Unpopular Opinions?
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2015, 06:55:08 pm »
tbh, wolves aren't that cool. They're easy to draw, sure, but I don't understand the apparently huge appeal beyond that.

same
maybe it's just a bandwagon thing??? idk
wolves are cool animals, but it baffles me that sooo many people collectively think they're amazing enough to actually like, represent them in an artistic way? why??? idk to each their own but i really don't see the appeal either. i'd understand if a smaller portion of the furry fandom used them as their sona's species but like yeah. it's the majority of the fandom
speaking of which, i think it's ironic how so many ppl in the fandom say "my fursona is a lone wolf"
in the wild wolves need to survive in packs and usually, lone wolves die.
^This and that fact that a lot of people still put themselves in roles like alpha, beta, omega, etc. when wild wolf packs don't have roles.
I still love wolves, but haven't made a wolf character in awhile. There so many of them that having a wolf character just lost its charm.
A lot of people I've met outside this site with wolf sonas are kinda stuck up (wolf ppl here are all good and friendly) but like I was invited to a group chat with my best friend and they ranked me like the lowest and called themselves "Bloodmoon furry pack" they were all "demons in wolf bodies" and they could regenerate limbs. Those are the worst people I have met tbh. A lot of gray wolf sonas look similar to each other and I'm surprised people don't attack each other because of how similar they look to each other. This is why I'm gonna stick with a ferret I don't wanna be invited to more "furry packs"
Believe me, a lot of people get worked up over similar-looking characters. Some of them might be founded, but it's usually just a coincidence, especially when it comes to wolves. And then there's the opposite, when people make their characters too original.
I really hate it when people feel the need to add a surplus of appendages to make their character unique. Pair of wings? A little overdone, but it's fine. Horns? Cool with me. Tentacles? Uh, alright, your character. All of the above x10 plus neon rainbow colors on black? Woah buddy you might wanna slow down there
Bless
I've only seen neon rainbow colors/a bunch of colors work on a few fursonas. Your trying to hard when your throwing up a bunch of colors on a fursonas. Not like if you have three or four different colors more like if you look like a frocking rainbow with a bunch of crap on it lmao.
You cannot stop the sparkle dogs!  :lol-fox:
I don't think there is anything wrong with sparkledogs. If someone wants rainbow and neon, accessories, wings, and five tails, they should go for it. It's their character. Sure it may be a little ugly to some people but it's not like it's hurting anyone. It's just an outlet for the creator to have some fun with!
Sparkledog's popularity has really dropped since people are too afraid of the backlash that comes with making one which is kinda stupid. At least from what I've seen.
I don't have a problem at all with sparkledogs! You want to have a rainbow giraffe-wolf-cat hybrid thing with caribous horns go right ahead! It's just not my taste  :fox-:P:
Now I kinda wanna see that hybrid

Offline MysticSolstice

• <3
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 878
  • Love is love
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Fairy-Dragon-Wolf hybrid
Re: Sparkle Dogs? Yay or Nay?
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2015, 10:07:09 pm »
I've realized that Skyline is a total sparkle dog and Solstice could be one (depending on your definition) so with that realization I love them. I've actually seen a lot of unaturally colored characters that looks beautiful, it depends on the placement and combination of colors really. Sure some of them may not be the best design ever but if the owner likes it that's all that matter. No one is hurting anyone else with their character design. Sparkle dog pride <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline ☆:.。Lavandia Spookalor。.:☆

• 100% Spooktastic Cadbury Egg~
  • Cookies: 212
  • ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Halcandran
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2019, 03:32:33 am »
I have virtually no idea what a sparkledog is, but if it's like rainbow colored characters or characters with really loud or unusual color schemes, I'm all for it. Most of my characters are momochrome or well thought out color schemes of brighter colors, but I really don't mind loud color schemes on other people's OCs.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pronouns: She/her/he/him
Be randoommm, where’s the fun in ever making sense?

- dA - xxxxxxxx - ask -       

Offline Sugar

• Let the voice of love
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 205
  • take you higher!
    • DeviantArt - swervemeister
    • FurAffinity - sugarlonghorn
    • Twitter - swervemeister
  • Awards:
    Flag - xmaslight
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2019, 10:19:32 am »
I love sparkledogs. They’re very nostalgic for me. I don’t want to make any of my own, but I love seeing them, especially the more and more extreme they are.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline angel cake ♡

• FT's local pink rat
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 202
  • Icon base(c): https://twitter.com/ArtsUWU_
    • DeviantArt - heartsickdreams
    • FurAffinity - heartsickdreams
    • Twitter - heartsickdreams
  • Fursona Species: angel dumbo rat
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2019, 02:39:02 pm »
Remember when sparkledogs were a hot topic in the furry fandom? Lmao
Even back then I didn't care. I even used to have a sparklefox. Let people do what they want, and make any character they want.

Offline ☆:.。Lavandia Spookalor。.:☆

• 100% Spooktastic Cadbury Egg~
  • Cookies: 212
  • ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Halcandran
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2019, 12:26:23 am »
I just looked up the definition, and I've come to a conclusion.

I don't like sparkledogs.

I love sparkledogs.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her/he/him
Be randoommm, where’s the fun in ever making sense?

- dA - xxxxxxxx - ask -       

Offline Sugar

• Let the voice of love
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 205
  • take you higher!
    • DeviantArt - swervemeister
    • FurAffinity - sugarlonghorn
    • Twitter - swervemeister
  • Awards:
    Flag - xmaslight
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2019, 01:44:40 am »
To be completely fair, if the most basic definition of a sparkledog is a canine with unusual colors and patterns, a majority of furries technically have sparkledog fursonas, and those without canine characters could also fall under that category.

I love the most extreme sparkledogs though. I’d absolutely love to create a ridiculously rainbow patterned character and have a fursuit of it some day.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Blas

• Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 111
    • DeviantArt - PrinceDeathDefying
    • FurAffinity - gotebloke
    • Twitter - kingofbirds_
  • Fursona Species: Dragoat
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:34 pm »
There's someone on Facebook with an absolutely insane design trying to get it made into a fursuit, I hope they succeed.
  • Flag - denmark
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/they
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US): 1-800-273-8255
{ Open Adopts | Avatar - Serana }

Offline Alva

• Wero
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • Will give internet points for PC parts
  • Fursona Species: Coyote
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2019, 06:01:44 pm »
I definitely wouldn't have a sparkledog fursona, but I'm fine with other people having sparkledog fursonas.  I wouldn't want to draw any.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Serana

• Resident Seer
  • Cookies: 344
  • In the moon I see everything!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Bobcat/Snow Leopard
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2019, 06:37:18 pm »
I love sparkledogs! Designs arent harming anyone so I think people should make whatever they want and so glad cringe culture is dying out. I hated all these design rules in the early furry community.

Also glad they are making a come back, they look so fun and over the top! Been wanting to make one myself, or like an overly edgy goth dog XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - nonbinary
  • Pronouns: She/They but fem. terms preferred

Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.
Icon by Me

|Twitter / ToyHou.se / FurAffinity / ThisCrush / Public Queue|

Offline Princess Cocoa

• Destroyer of Worlds
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • Live your dreams, even when you're awake :3
    • Twitter - @MLP_CocoaMilk
  • Fursona Species: Earth Pony
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:29 pm »
I like them as long as they’re cute ;//W//; I love cute things